B model round alum fuel tanks

Freightrain

FYI, Adelmans has alum tanks for $2/gal. About $50 for brackets each side. Found some Sterling tanks, 70 gal that will likely be the candidates for shortening. Nice looking tanks from some very recent additions to the yard.

Hobert, they appear to be the same as your picture? Much better priced though!!! I'll have less then $400 in both tanks and mounts.

The owner of the towing company that owned my B has been working over in truck sales for a few years(since he sold the towing business). I went over and spoke to him(been a few years since I saw him). Showed him pictures of the truck and what all I've done. He was tickled and is going to make sure I get a better deal on the tanks/straps.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

That I'd a much better deal. The guy around here is high on some stuff and pretty decent on others. I gave $400 for a 100 gallon sterling tank, but only $100 for a 5-wheel. I should of had you bring me a tank along in with you.

post-18910-0-72088700-1430340347_thumb.j

Beaver springs isint that far just no direct route to get there. I have a buddy that runs pro mod with a camaro. Are you staying at the track? Or will you get a room somewhere?

Nice! Blower, turbo, nitrous??

Don't know if you are still looking for tanks. I saw a pair at the Winchester, VA show/flea market on Sat. Sorry I don't have a picture (I'm low tech) but they were 29" long and 24" in diameter. There were no cut outs or steps, made of aluminum. They seem to be in good condition. The seller is Al Pittman, he said he is just of the Pa Turnpike at mile marker 180, phone is 717-987-3971. Good Luck.

Thanks Harry. I'm still "in limbo" right now.

Hobert, ya "Pro" class(or called "Mod" in IHRA). Basically your no electronics bracket class. Sometimes called "Footbrake". How cornfuzing is that!!!

Just to make it interesting, "Super Pro" or "Top" is the electronic class where you can have devices in your car to help make it more consistent. Typically your dragsters and fast cars all run this kind of class. Throttle stops to control your speed and delay boxes to control your reaction time.

Now you can dazzle your friends and family with drag racing terminology. :banana:

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I usually hear race coverage on Sunday nights from him. We both get done delivering about the same time a got a pretty good ride back to the yard. This Sunday he made peices though. Water in the oil and little people inside with hammers trying to get out. I think his race reports stopped for a little while.