computer guru needed

carlotpilot

who is the big dog computer whiz on here? I need some help. my photo app.win8.1 took a crap. can`t seem to find any info that makes any sense at all from microsoft. can`t transfer pics from camera to comp.when i try to launch photo gallery i get the screen along with a bonk and thats it ,any ideas?

kodak hp 1gb chips fine comp app crapped out

Is it a SD or Compact Flash card? Either way, I connect my card to the computer and copy the files directly to a folder on the computer. I use Windows Photo Viewer to view the files and Photo POS Pro to modify the images.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Hmmmmm...i've got an HP laptop too, i'm on it now, but I don't have the cord with me to put pictures on it. I have before and it worked all right, but I usually put my pictures on the computer at home, I plug the cord that came with the camera into a USB port to put mine on.

This has the card reader hole too, or whatever you call it, but i've never used it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

who is the big dog computer whiz on here? I need some help. my photo app.win8.1 took a crap. can`t seem to find any info that makes any sense at all from microsoft. can`t transfer pics from camera to comp.when i try to launch photo gallery i get the screen along with a bonk and thats it ,any ideas?

Charley, if all else fails, take it to Best Buy and see what their geeks say.

Hmmmmm...i've got an HP laptop too, i'm on it now, but I don't have the cord with me to put pictures on it. I have before and it worked all right, but I usually put my pictures on the computer at home, I plug the cord that came with the camera into a USB port to put mine on.

This has the card reader hole too, or whatever you call it, but i've never used it.

when I plug into the card reader it tells me i must format the card. that will erase the card of all content, this part of the comp. worked fine until 2 nights ago .what ever drive i try gets same result. as i said this thing has had problems in other areas i`m about to trash it or air mail it with no return add to hp and tell em to stickit

Everything I've heard and seen on Windows 8.1 is negative. It seems that Micro Soft is trying to push 8.1 users to go with Windows Cloud. Went to Google Chrome and never looked back.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I take it you`re out on the road some where be safe its to cold to have somthing go sour

Everything I've heard and seen on Windows 8.1 is negative. It seems that Micro Soft is trying to push 8.1 users to go with Windows Cloud. Went to Google Chrome and never looked back.

i`ve been messing with computers since the commadore 64s this 8.1 is the most aggravating bunch of sh###t thats ever came down th pike

I am not a fan of WIN8.1. It came on my newest computer. As for the cloud....bunch of horse $hit. If I want something to do with clouds I will buy an airplane. Most software is going to cloud based. Another "control" issue that I am avoiding along with electronic checking/banking and other "online" crap. I am thinking of just stuffing my money under the (secret). The computer at the farm uses WIN 7PRO and IE9 but having issues with them lately. I think MS is trying to obsolete any old versions of WIN and IE and control your computer. I am not a fan of Chrome or others but maybe it is time to switch. On a side note...if anyone remembers the anti-Christ...I think the computer is the anti-Christ.

Back to the computer issue...did you get a virus? Did you try connecting your camera/card to another computer? I just plug in my card reader and copy/paste the files into a folder. Never use any "viewing" software. Perhaps you need to do a "clean wipe" of your hard drive and reload the software. Or just buy a cheap computer (what I am going to do next time). I started keeping all my files on portable hard drives and keep only the software on the computer. That way I can move from computer to computer and still have all my files.

And if all else fails....did you reboot your computer? :tease:

Good luck!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"