460xt file

Refined Trucker

You have to have a dealer submitt a " Horsepower request form" to Mack for your truck . There are ways around this but you better have a inside buddy at a dealership that will help you out. The only trucks I have ever seen with the 460XT programs were CL's. The file is downloaded into the engine ECM.

Wonder if somebody OUTSIDE of Mack (such as the Diesel Dr. in Mt. Vernon, IL) would be able to either install an "unofficial" XT file or tweak the P file I have to make it perform like the XT...and what problems I might have in the future with the "unofficial" ecm program. I don't have a warranty, so that isn't a concern, although I AM hoping to get the old girl overhauled in the next year. Plan on going stage 2 Rochester injectors, and their turbo to go with it when I do get the rebuild. If I could put the XT file with all of that, I'd have one mean dog.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I live near Mt Vernon and previously talked to the Diesel Dr. He could do nothing for Mack. So I sent mine off to heavy diesel tuner for a 100 ponies boost. It made a noticeable diff but then within 2 weeks My turbo was sounding like it was going to give up and I decided to do stage 2 injectors and the turbo. Now it runs too good, under a hard pull it will give a timing coad and cut power briefly. 40 year vetran mack tech thinks it twisting crank enough more that the position sensor is not able to read and causing this. So I'm probably going to detune a bit. Plus have an intermittent miss that is driving me crazy that's looking like it may be ecm related. My thinking was if its ecm I could just go with stock xt file and truck ought to be fine with the injectors and turbo then. Oh well That's what happens when you try to be different and make a dog try and keep up with a bunch of cats and Cummins on steroids.

• Like 1

I live near Mt Vernon and previously talked to the Diesel Dr. He could do nothing for Mack. So I sent mine off to heavy diesel tuner for a 100 ponies boost. It made a noticeable diff but then within 2 weeks My turbo was sounding like it was going to give up and I decided to do stage 2 injectors and the turbo. Now it runs too good, under a hard pull it will give a timing coad and cut power briefly. 40 year vetran mack tech thinks it twisting crank enough more that the position sensor is not able to read and causing this. So I'm probably going to detune a bit. Plus have an intermittent miss that is driving me crazy that's looking like it may be ecm related. My thinking was if its ecm I could just go with stock xt file and truck ought to be fine with the injectors and turbo then. Oh well That's what happens when you try to be different and make a dog try and keep up with a bunch of cats and Cummins on steroids.

Your timing code means you might need the new bigger balancer. Check out this service bulletin

sb221037 3-4 code.pdf