Pup end dump info

68-f-model

I have been kicking around the idea of buying a small 2 or 3 axle pup end dump to pull behind my f-model. Mainly a pup because I can get some relatively cheap and I don't need a 35 ft end dump for my hobbies.

But I have a few questions:

-First can a pup even be pulled with the semi or can it only be used on a dolly?

-Second am I going to run into weight/ bridge law issues with a pup?

-Third what is the preferred type for dirt/gravel full frame, quarter frame or frameless?

Something like the one pictured.

post-19181-0-57600400-1422452613_thumb.j

Edited by 68-f-model

There's a guy in Cambridge that does site work with tractor/pup like that....he hooks it to the fifth wheel.....looks odd with so many damn wheels in such a short span, but he can likely fill the box and still be legal....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

We've got Quad dump trailers around Ohio. Almost as short as that with all the axles they can fit. East Manufacturing makes them, they are local to me.

110723034_1.jpg

By the looks of the trailer you posted, I don't think the fifth wheel separates.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I'd imagine so....can't say I've ever seen one tho, closest I've come is wiggle wagons for roll off cans. Most pups around here are triaxle pintle setup for dumps.....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

the one in the picture does not appear to be setup to be able to be hooked too a 5th wheel the dolly is basicly part of the trailer. could probably be cut off and have a kingpin welded on and landing gear installed. there are probably some out there that are setup with a 5th wheel converter dolly but might be harder to find.

• 2 weeks later...

There are pups that you pull with a converter dolly and pups that have their own hitch. The converter dolly is simply the back tandem or single of a semi, cut off with a pinto hitch welded on. You can back that dolly under any semi trailer. The other pups have a turntable, that is more of a permanent deal. They are bolted together.