NYC toll increase this Sunday

41chevy

NYC Bridge and Tunnel tolls all increase this Sunday at 3 a.m. the coin is needed to pay for the Trade Center rebuild so they say. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Depends on which spokesman you listen to, don't think anybody knows...matches our PSEG energy delivery charge increase, Fuels cheaper BUT it's going to cost more eventually.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Not counting the Verazano Bridge. After 3 am this morning: 2 axle $14, 3 axle $57 cash, 4 axle $76 cash, 5 axle $95 cash, 6 axle $114 plus $19 for each additional.

P.T.CHESHIRE

That's bullshit. It was $62 with 4 axles over the V before which was outrageous.

B.T.A. says this is the first of four. As for the Verizano and assorted tunnels this what was on the table in November 2014, so far no announcements on the MTA/BTA and Diblasio's decision. but it don't look good.

post-3242-0-40481600-1417993597_thumb.jp

P.T.CHESHIRE

This just in - after 3 am Monday morning, modifications to each toll booth will begin appearing. attachicon.gifwof.jpg

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

P.T.CHESHIRE

One more reason to stay out of the northeast, one of the few places that has tolls, which are outrageous by the way and they still have the shittiest roads in the country, yeah nobody is taking a bribe or payoff there! Hell just average it to $10/vehicle and multiply that by the few hundred thousand that pass that toll booth a day and tell me where the money went....wasn't for asphalt!

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

One more reason to stay out of the northeast, one of the few places that has tolls, which are outrageous by the way and they still have the shittiest roads in the country, yeah nobody is taking a bribe or payoff there! Hell just average it to $10/vehicle and multiply that by the few hundred thousand that pass that toll booth a day and tell me where the money went....wasn't for asphalt!

They needed new cars. . .

post-3242-0-16107300-1418097182_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-18063200-1418097193_thumb.jp

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

And if you live in the Kingdom of New York, don't question King Cuomo about the idiocy of these financial decisions. Toll-payers aren't allowed free use of a toll Thruway they finished paying for 30 years ago. And, for some reason, and unlike other states, only cash, more cash or EZScam may be used on the paid-for Thruway. No credit cards. Just cash. Good old cash. Literally tons of cash every day. Big, smelly, steaming, runny, untraceable piles of it - with corn. :o

Cast this current bridge boondoggle in an unfavorable light and who knows what might befall your family, pets, property tax rate, tax audits, sewage service, garbage collection, tail lights and the like. After all, who really needs the businesses and jobs that an end to this blatant corruption and waste would bring to New York? "But it sure is a purdy bridge and I, as your Emperor, personally built it!" :lol:

And if you live in the Kingdom of New York, don't question King Cuomo about the idiocy of these financial decisions. Toll-payers aren't allowed free use of a toll Thruway they finished paying for 30 years ago. And, for some reason, and unlike other states, only cash, more cash or EZScam may be used on the paid-for Thruway. No credit cards. Just cash. Good old cash. Literally tons of cash every day. Big, smelly, steaming, runny, untraceable piles of it - with corn. :o

Cast this current bridge boondoggle in an unfavorable light and who knows what might befall your family, pets, property tax rate, tax audits, sewage service, garbage collection, tail lights and the like. After all, who really needs the businesses and jobs that an end to this blatant corruption and waste would bring to New York? "But it sure is a purdy bridge and I, as your Emperor, personally built it!" :lol:

In the Kings serfdom of Long Island, he removed LIPA which was a public owned utility and subject to Public Service Commission that had guidelines to follow and hearings on rate increases. The king in one of his late night sessions replaced it with PSEG a private company with stock holders (his nibs owns 3500 shares) we have had a rate increase every billing cycle of ONLY $4 to $5 for "administration fees". Now we just got a 14% increase for future energy delivery costs "because fuel will cost more eventually" Cumo said there is nothing he can do because as a private company, they do not come under the Public Service Commission guide lines. Bet he gets a nice dividend check every quarter from PSEG.

Of course his SAFE Act also classed my Winchester Lever Action illegal as an Assault Rifle.

P.T.CHESHIRE

The tentacles seem to extend everywhere. Pity the poor peasants of the North Country. Their sheaf's of wheat insure their treacherous mountain sections of the Interstates receive the most thorough plowing and salting imaginable. Once a year, sometime at the end of August, but right before the State Surplus Auction. Meanwhile, back in Gramercy Park.....

Why do KC's late night sessions always result in "administration fees"?

Not sure if this is permitted, but for those of you unfamiliar with New York's peculiar brand of political bonhomie, this is claimed by someone, somewhere, to be a video of our current Governor. It was allegedly filmed during an Economics class he was taking at the time and could help explain some of his current fiscal policies:

• Like 1

All I know is after 1/1/2015 I have to meet the NYS open space / land preservation laws that go in effect for Suffolk County to sell our farm acreage. Can't close the buildings up with out a 1 million dollar insurance policy to cover any squatters or homeless people who could break in and get hurt!!

P.T.CHESHIRE

With the regulations in place to ward off new businesses and the fees designed to kill old ones, the number of citizens fleeing the state daily with no herds on the way to replace them and the never ending taxes and tolls, I'm surprised you were even able to find an insurance agent. Maybe he's seen the writing on the wall and hopes your policy premium is his ticket to a new life in a country without a U.S. extradition treaty. I'd shop around. :whistling:

The policy is required by the Township of Riverhead, it also requires a maintenance company to keep the property clean, lawn cut and this is the best "snow cleared from walks and driveway for access by fire and police in an emergency".

Our house in the village of Oyster Bay was built in 1929, before we could put it on the market, we needed a lead and asbestos inspection. Than a Town re-cert of the in ground oil tank. Our house in Shirley built in 1956, was the same on the lead and asbestos. Oil tank is in the basement but needed an Township and County compliance inspection of the septic system. The house in Riverhead Township was built in 1909. Horse hair plaster, a 1/2 full coal bin and the history of electrical and plumbing. From galvanized pipe to Pex and from post and tube to Romex . Stick fuses, glass fuses and breakers. Has lead and asbestos that was sealed and was compliant in 2005. Chemical traces from fertilizers in the wells that were capped in the 1980's yet not a word about the 1000 gallon fuel tank next to the barn or the lead and asbestos lined cistern in the the barn loft. Go figure.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

Have you ever stopped to figure what this never-ending stream of inspections and 'official approvals' has cost you? No need to reveal the figure but call me if LifeFlight needs to be dispatched to your home. No, I'm not a rabble-rouser, just someone who believes that after you've paid cash on the barrel head for something it belongs to you, without the risk of it being chiseled away.

Short story long from my town to yours: 95 year-old brick, coal burning powerhouse used for local trolley line. Deactivated, asbestos remediation completed and certified, building mothballed 1982. Potential buyer to reuse as restaurant/offices 1990, asbestos remediation re-do AND fresh environmental survey required by town, buyer walks away. Ditto in 1997 as brewpub and eatery, buyer walks. 2008, ditto as indoor sports facility, buyer loses funding due to contingencies. 2011, potential buyer for conversion to housing for elderly, walks after abatement survey AND remediation REQUIRED regardless of survey outcome. Redundant environmental survey also required before permitting.

Unbeknownst to all, my town had an assembly line in place to apply for and receive....you guessed it, Federal and State grants to assist with asbestos remediation. The beautiful, turn-of-the 20th century, cavernous brick building with the carved sandstone lintels and gargoyles was finally bulldozed this past Fall. Grant money was, of course, used to accomplish this task. The fluorescent green ground cover, probably containing asbestos, that was haphazardly sprayed over the lot does look nice against the snow though!

Dealing with towns is fairly frustrating, but there is bright moments. I had 40 windows made to order for the farm house and got the run around on the permit. They are next on the pile, the paper work was misplaced, there clerk is on vacation, on and on and on. I finally walked into the Village Clerks office when they were issuing permits to the summer people. I got to the counter and pulled out $1000 in five and tens. I asked loudly for the head of the graft department. I explained that I've been waiting for the permits for 4 months and assumed that I didn't give you people enough payola. Had close to 50 people standing there with their mouths open. Walked out with an apology and my permits.

Our property in Va sits with most of my trucks, cars, parts, machine tools and equipment there. Got my grandson, his wife and my son and daughter inlaw. in their house on the property so it's not vacant and taxes are less than 4 grand for 250 plus acres. If we can't sell off here I'll have to hire one of the King Cumo's Dreamers to use my pay loader to fix thing up. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul,

Family actually lives in the Shenandoah Valley, give or take 100 miles from your Summer/Winter(?) residence. It's a whole different world without the constant hands-out, pay-to-play and toll booth (good segue back to original topic :lol: ) extortion that takes place in New York. It's a shame, really, because most citizens, here and everywhere, are basically honest people trying to enjoy a decent life with their families.

Please don't get me started on K.ing C.uomo and The Sunshine Band again. It seems to lead to midnight sessions and increased tolls. B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83I9El6C47A