LJX would indicate a single axle, heavy duty LJ model which was available with either a gas or diesel engine.

The vin plate would say LJX1D1001 for example. If you are looking at a for sale ad maybe someone took the number down incorrectly?

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I am looking at the Serial Number stamped on the right hand frame rail. It reads LJ2DX6590. It has a L cab, with a twin screw rear end and camelback suspension. It has a cummins coupled to a Duplex transmission with a Mack 3 speed auxilliary box behind that. The radiator looks like a LT with horizontal shutters but as a hinged radiator cap with a heavy wire bail holding it shut and the top tank is exposed, not covered with sheet metal like a LT, but it does NOT have a LJ grill.

That sure makes sense now, and that picture is definitely like the truck I am looking at. Are these kind of rare? We're many made,and were they .mainly off road trucks?

Thanks so much for all the help!!!

Edited by aviatur

That sure makes sense now, and that picture is definitely like the truck I am looking at. Are these kind of rare? We're many made,and were they .mainly off road trucks?

Thanks so much for all the help!!!

Mack made 13,931 LJs between 1940-1956. That was the most in the L model line. I don't know how many were X's in either single or two axle configuration.

Obviously, a lot less around now. If your are able to save it, that would be excellent.

LJXs were on and off road dump trucks, heavy haul tractors and cement mixers, etc. They were replaced in the Mack product line by the B-80 series.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

The truck you are looking at would have been built with a EN707 Mack gas engine. If it had been originally diesel powered,Mack or Cummins,there would be a D at the end of the serial # also.

That's pretty interesting Mike, I have never thought about that.

What the time up to that was used?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012