MP8 goes into limp mode

w3grant

I have a 2008 Mack with an MP8 in it. Trucks starts up and runs fine then while driving down the road goes into limp mode and wont go above 20mph. A previous mechanic scaned it and said it needed the oil sensor inside the pan they did that and we still have the same problem. That is why I am now looking at it unfortunately I do not have a scan tool so I cant read the data. Any help would be awesome Thanks again!

Pop the connector (twist style) off the LHS of the oil pan, if oil made it through you'll be needing the updated oil sender/eop sensor and pigtails. Same goes for the eop, if it's letting oil pass through the sensor, it's fubar. I've done several of these and it requires a jumper harness to be installed between the sensors and engine harness.

Edited by Graves
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Have a 2011 Mack Granite with a mp8 engine. When I bought it the one wire on the small fuel filter was not connected but never a problem. Had it serviced today and the tech plugged the wire in and now I have a fault light. Will it go into limp mode?

Edited by Bill P

• 2 weeks later...