J.D. Sugar Beet Special

eddeere

so whats the difference between a row crop and sugar beet special? can't say that I had ever heard of one before now!

Main difference is longer axles to straddle rows. Typically have narrow and tall tires too. Notice the offset?

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Thanks Ken when I worked a the IH dealership I remember putting on narrower tires and flipping the rear tires side to side for max offset, but was able to do with a standard row crop tractor . been too long since I looked at a G model is the rear bar axle longer? I see what appears to be axle extenders in the front.

Thanks Ken when I worked a the IH dealership I remember putting on narrower tires and flipping the rear tires side to side for max offset, but was able to do with a standard row crop tractor . been too long since I looked at a G model is the rear bar axle longer? I see what appears to be axle extenders in the front.

The rear axle bar is longer on the RH side. Not sure about the LH side. I think that is what makes it a beet special - the offset. Hopefully eddeere will give us specifics.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

They had me park it in front of the big tent along the main drive at the Expo. The tractor has a cast extension on the front which moves the wheel out about 12". The rear axle is longer than a regular G. The harvester attached to this side and on back. It picked beets that were topped first and loaded on a truck or wagon pulled along side. One row at a time. Why I sold it ? I enjoyed finding the tractor, parts, and working on restoration more than taking it to shows. I sold it and a 1938 G last month. I guess I lost interest. Thanks for all the comments.

• Like 1