New '66 B61 owner with first post!

destroked dan

• 2 weeks later...

I take it you have contacted the Mack Museum with the SN and asked for a copy of the factory file?

No I have not, I went to the Mack registry and seen a serial number that was 75 numbers behind mine and it was a '62. Anyone have the info on contacting them to request a copy?

No I have not, I went to the Mack registry and seen a serial number that was 75 numbers behind mine and it was a '62. Anyone have the info on contacting them to request a copy?

donald.schumaker@consultant.macktrucks.com

Send an email to Don. Be advised that there is a 6-8 week backlog, for several reasons- the museum is staffed mainly by volunteers, including the archivists, and their time is limited (not to mention the large amount of requests that they receive.) Also, when you do get a package in the mail- make sure you send a nice donation to the Museum. Yes they are sponsored by Mack Corporate, however their budget is limited and they rely on donations to fill the gap in between.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Great story! Congratulations and good luck. They are remarkedly well made even when they've sat. I hope you can get it running soon and without too much trouble. It's an awsome looking truck - would look great rolling down the road in those colors!! Awesome.

The trucks are great,but knowing the history of these proud workhorses is icing on the cake,in my book! I was talking to a buddy of mine the other day and he asked,"if we don't pass along these trucks and their history to the younger folks,who is going to care about them when we're gone?" Sad but true..... :( Al

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA