Freightrain to the blue oval phone

41chevy

Did you run at Summit Dragstrip for the nationals last weekend? Showed Fuelers, Funnies and Pro Stock and a 2 minute filler of the "other" classes. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Hey Paul. Nope, didn't go at all. Ya, it was the nationals with all the big boys............but for some reason I don't get too excited to watch them. I had plenty of other activities going on anyway. Saturday I went on a train excursion trip for the day. Sunday I spent 1/2 day wrenching on my daily driver pickup getting the exhaust fixed up and now I can sneak around without anyone hearing me. The rest of Sunday was spent stretched out on the couch LOL!!

My next stick race is National Trails(columbus, Ohio) at the end of the month.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I had it on in the back ground. 1000 feet, cookie cutter cars no interest in them. Did figure on seeing the lower classes run but only a few minutes as filler. Big noise was funnies into the 3's but still only 1000 ft.

My cage, Halon system and tin work is supposed to be done and certified the end of the month so I should get some practice runs a Lebenon to sort things for next year. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I had it on in the back ground. 1000 feet, cookie cutter cars no interest in them. Did figure on seeing the lower classes run but only a few minutes as filler. Big noise was funnies into the 3's but still only 1000 ft.

My cage, Halon system and tin work is supposed to be done and certified the end of the month so I should get some practice runs a Lebenon to sort things for next year. Paul

I used to go to the drag strip a lot, always liked watching Freightrain type cars best- the 10 to 12 second cars- more than funny cars or top fuel cars. Just seemed more real I guess, like the 1200hp. 2 or 3 second mud racers that skimmed across the top of the mud bog, that's just not mud bogging to me, it's more showing off how much money you've got.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.