There are newbs and then there is...

How do I start my truck? Anybody ever have to answer that question ... or worse, have to ask it? I almost did. Key switch has two positions - ON/OFF. Looked all over the dash for something that looked like a starter button or lever. Nadda. Dad's '49 Dodge had a "pedal" above the throttle pedal. Nope.

Anyway, was going to ask here but thought, man, is that ever a stupid question. These old trucks are simple so away I went to look again. One wire to starter connected to what looks like a terminal strip on the firewall with a connection going to battery so how do we start/stop power to starter?. Hmmmm! That's not a terminal strip, it's either the starter switch or something connected to the switch. Let's see what is on the other side of the firewall. Bingo! Foot activated push button starter switch and it operates quite freely.

Had to share that.

• Like 1

Best regards, Dennis

No stupid or dumb questions here. Somebody will answer most any question. We may poke fun, but thats what "family" does. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I rented a Hertz Freightliner about 7 yrs ago to haul a buddies flatbed so we could do some machine hauling/scrapping at work. I walk out and get in and look in bewilderment. Where's the key hole? I searched high and low with no avail. I couldn't believe they hid it that well. I was just going to step out and go ask and that is when I noticed a small pocket in the dash, down next to the door hinge. Yup, ignition key. Ugh, I guess you are suppose to insert the key when you open the door BEFORE you get in? You can't literally see it after sitting in the seat.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

haha not a stupid ques. most smaller gas job B models B20, B30 and B42 had the ''farm tractor style'' starter button on top of the throttle pedal on the firewall, think it as something to do with giving it al ittle throttle while cranking.....

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg