220 Cummins - Suitable for B-30?

Came across a 220 Cummins with turbo and Jake reportedly "out of a B model". What B models would that engine have been used in? Would it be suitable to swap into my B-30? Any challenges connecting my 5-speed transmission to it? I presume this engine might produce a lower top speed than the original EN331?

Thoughts?

Edited by dmlinton

Best regards, Dennis

It is going to be a little long to fit under the hood of a B-30. Cummins were in B-73/77 which had a longer hood and fender extension panels. Also, Cummins were in a B-71 which had an extended nose to make everything fit.

Not an easy swap for what you have.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

If you want a diesel use a 675 witch is a 237hp with a 5 speed. the 5 speed that comes behind the maxidynes are a lot heavier than your 5 speed. you can find 237s anywhere, more power than a 220-250 cummins even thou it only has 672 cubic inch.

• Like 1

If you are intent on a diesel try a 5.9 Cummins very popular conversion. A 3-53.4-53 or 4-71 Detroit would fit but still is heavier than your gaspot Mack. They are avaible and not very expensive.Perkins 6-354 (not sure on model #)is a decent engine.There are others but these come to mind quickly.Joe D.

• Like 1