Mack Motor Monday

rsb502

This is probably a dumb question but does that E9 get enough air with that single air cleaner?

its a big air cleaner, 8" inlet pipe.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Actually Antrim and a couple others say you can make over 1000hp on that air cleaner cause I was pondering swapping to two stainless breathers.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Hmm. bought another air cleaner housing to install on my Cruiseliner. Just trying to make it look "factory". I don't think that was an option. An ole timer once told me YOUR DIESEL NEEDS 2 THINGS TO RUN FUEL AND AIR, AND BOY AIR IS FREE GIVE IT ALL IT WANTS.

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

Older engines with smaller older generation turbos or naturally aspirated need a larger intake volume to keep the intake vacuum down. With a new generation turbo they can pull a lot of air if the volume is available.

E9's are old style turbos, a huge upgrade for an E9 is a turbo, for slightly more than stock hp a Borg Warner 171702 is a good upgrade for higher HP the 80mm Borg Warner from Antrim Diesel is bad ass.

• Like 1

I only remember seeing a tandem, that single axle looks pretty nasty.

Damn I wish they had made those Big 6 engines.

A bit bigger than a Cummins and slightly smaller than a Cat. It would've killed those two.

Any record of what kind of numbers it was putting out?

No other info on it other than what is on the place card 885 c.i verses 866 ci on the V8. Big six is 19 cubic inches larger then the V8.and comes in at a bit over 14 liters. Maybe KSCARBEL knows some thing?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yeah freightrain the 460's are still etechs 728ci. Any of the six cylinders from the introduction of the E7 to the aset engines in 04-07 were 12.8 liters, the MP series has the MP7 10.8L, MP8 13L and MP10 16L.