Mack was allready sold to a foreign entity decades ago! Remember Renault ? Mack had died somehow since they were purchased by Renault . Where was the gov back in the. 80' ? How did they allow this? Once you are owned by somebody you have no say regarding your future . You are just an ASSET .

The gentleman asked me a question, and I merely answered him. Problem?

Mack Trucks was not a foreign entity "decades ago". Renault did not acquire Mack Trucks until 1990, after which, as a result of the "proposed" Renault-Volvo merger (that ended up collapsing because of Volvo), Volvo gained the ability to absorb Mack.

During the 1980s when Renault was only a minority stake holder in Mack, Renault supported Mack's growth as the independent U.S. truckmaker it had always been.

The ownership of Mack is an extremely valid topic. Anyone not interested in posts mentioning that subject can easily and painlessly skip over them.

• Like 2

Didn't we cover the Mack ownership previously in other threads? Do we have to continually bitch and moan about Volvo and Mack? Can we just move on to talking about Mack trucks and their preservation. Otherwise I will be moving on.

I think we covered "Moving On" in other threads also.

its a hot topic on this forum . to me renault did mack no good long term . alot of bad decisions were made in the 90s at mack as far as im concerned. the superliner was killed the modernization of the e9 was put on the back burner . the e7 should have been q bigger engine to compete with cat and cummims nd detroit bigger 6 cylinders. the ch never becamea legend like the l and b and r series trucks . mack dropped the ball in the 90s for sure

its a hot topic on this forum . to me renault did mack no good long term . alot of bad decisions were made in the 90s at mack as far as im concerned. the superliner was killed the modernization of the e9 was put on the back burner . the e7 should have been q bigger engine to compete with cat and cummims nd detroit bigger 6 cylinders. the ch never becamea legend like the l and b and r series trucks . mack dropped the ball in the 90s for sure