Ednt 866. 325hp or 375hp

24vman

Not nitpicking but the fenders are wrong. They look homemade.

Combs Custom Mfg made fender caps for the the RD800 and 888. I've seen a few put on the DM800 fenders to give the hooded look to them. Horan Sand and Gravel had a few on their DM's in the mid 80's

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

RD800 fenders are completely different than DM800 fenders. Again, you can have them made any way you want, but they are not correct.

They were fender caps, not full fenders. only the top most part and 2 inches on the side. No light panel, hinge point or marker light panel. They were originally 1/3 of the cost of stock fenders. Nothing more than a cheap quick fix to cover up damage. Nothing like a stock style fender though

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It would be interesting to see a DM800 with fenders like this. Do you have any pictures?

Here is the company site.

http://combscustommfg.com/mack_truck_partsbody

P.T.CHESHIRE

I believe the clutch and pressure plate play a big role. The one Superliner I bought that was doing some stock class pulling has a 4000lb BL plate and clutch in it and there was a spare in the side box!

it takes some serious push to engage the clutch. Owner told me he started in 7th with the mack 18spd.

I believe the clutch and pressure plate play a big role. The one Superliner I bought that was doing some stock class pulling has a 4000lb BL plate and clutch in it and there was a spare in the side box!

it takes some serious push to engage the clutch. Owner told me he started in 7th with the mack 18spd.

true.. but it also depends what kind of horsepower your pushing... the more horserpower the heavier plate load you need to hold everything from slipping.. he must be cranking and doing alot of slipping off the line to get it going in 7th gear...how much horsepower was it runing?

wow that is a very sharp truck.. if my superliner had a heavy front axle i would put big front tires on it in a heartbeat.. thats a nice mack lots of horsepower what more could you ask for...

i had a exhaust box my dodge ram cummins that made years back with dual stacks and the sound was just right even cut some of the drone out..