Custom flooring

I had a new front carpet but can't get the rear and the firewall pieces so I've been pondering hardwood look laminate, found so.e that is 3/8" thick and looks like rough cut old wood(shows saw marks etc). I may end up trying it out just for the hell of it, its actually cheaper than having a carpet made for it.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I had a new front carpet but can't get the rear and the firewall pieces so I've been pondering hardwood look laminate, found so.e that is 3/8" thick and looks like rough cut old wood(shows saw marks etc). I may end up trying it out just for the hell of it, its actually cheaper than having a carpet made for it.

The factory stuff is expensive. I was thinking about putting bed liner spray in the inside just to protect it.

• Like 1

Mack doesn't have carpets for R series cabs anymore, they have the rubber floor mat but that's it, I was going to just use blue automotive carpet and have replacements made at a local upholstery shop but I haven't had a wood floor in a truck yet so I will probably put in some dynamat and lay the laminate down with brushed aluminum strips on the edges.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I used some interlocking rubber shop floor mats in a tractor cab, great noise and heat reduction plus it comes apart easy for service work and was very easy to cut and install. for a truck cab I think a patch of alum. diamond plate just in front of the pedals would work fine.

When I was a ever day working mechanic and a truck came in the shop with that hard wood floor in it no one wanted to work on it. One reason that is is if the the trans had to come out of it.I saw a KW in the shop one day with red woor flooring in it and it was not even pretty.The trans need rebuilt and rear of engine resealed.This guy had it screw down to were it would take half a day to get the shifter out.That is what runs the labor cost up in the shops.He could not see why it was not a standard labor cost.

• Like 1

glenn akers

The last truck I rebuilt mack wanted $450 for the CH style carpet. The salesman ordered it in and let met take it to a upholstery Shop to get copied. The carpet guy laughed and said that was the cheapest crap he saw. He cut me heavier carpet with better padding and did it for $89.

That's a pretty nice hook up!!!