R model/superliner exhaust bracket

scottwetzel

I'm looking for a left side exhaust bracket that connects the stack to the frame. I could use a right side bracket and make it work but a left side one is preferred. It's going on a 1988 Superliner for a dual stack set up. Please let me know if anyone has any. That's scott

Look up Global truck in NH he may have,,,Also you are going to need to get the cross braces for the posts that run from each post to the frame. I had to make the attaching parts for mine from pictures of other guys trucks I took, attached is a pic of Skip Mckeen's truck.

post-13513-0-22351700-1386205319_thumb.j

• Like 1

I dont know the reason but not all RW II's had the cross braces. Might have been a standard versus heavy duty option

I think your right. Like I said our other one doesn't have braces. We used a right side bracket on the left side. Just cut the top of it off and rotated it and welded it back on. Works perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought mine from Mack the rod's where $125 ea so $250 there and we got the right size stock and made the top piece on each post then heated and bent them to match the angle and made up the bottom bracket mounts on the base of each post. They support 10"mufflers with 6" pipes top and bottom.

All the Superliners with dual exhaust and sleepers don't have the braces, my stacks wobble when the trucks gets a shake from some rough road, wish I could use the braces.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"