More NOT fun electrical issues!

This is getting ridiculous.

1) We have a red mack truck that has NO running lights. There is no power to the breaker and the relay seems to be fine.

2) We have a yellow mack truck that all the lights work on... untill you turn it on. Then the driver side rear running lights go out.

3) We have a white mack truck that all of a sudden the metal hose between the exhaust pipes and stack is burned through??? How?

So, do ALL mack trucks have these issues? Is poor wiring a common issue, or have we just gotten some bad apples?

That which fails to kill you can only make me laugh my ass off. You didn't die, so its all good.

Well, I have a green Mack truck. I like it.

Just a thought, but if you could provide some more details of your trucks I am sure someone might be able to assist you. Model, year, engine, etc. It would be hard to troubleshoot by the color.

My truck is red and needs to be rewired. I plan to paint it orange. Will that help?...you guys are a riot. On a serious note, locate disassemble and clean all the grounding straps and points on the truck. Many times when lights come on or go off when some other electrical event takes place is an indication of a bad ground. From there you need a good 12V test light and or meter and have to trace point by point until you find the broken wire, loose connection, bad fuse or dead relay...They either work or not...they can't seem to. You gotta test them.

Good luck and tell us more of what you have...it will help.

Greg

Details details. Yeah, I was still half asleep when I posted this this morning. Not doing much better now. (By the way, everyone knows that the fastest color is RED, that's what makes all the sports cars go so fast!)

The red truck is a Vision 470 (2000)

Problems:

Sometimes the marker lights work... Sometimes not...

***NEW Front drive axle sways up to 4 inches when you turn, Purely side to side, no front to back.

The White Truck is a cx-613 (2000)

Problems:

I just redid the tail wiring. Yup. Some of the light connectors were recycled from the old harness and don't seem to want to work, and some of the old lights are bad, so I am testing with my light to see what goes where. I am making progress. Putting flames on the hood seems to help, but the preformance boost may be why the exhaust ate through the hose connecting the pipes to the stack. Going back to white.

The Yellow Truck is hard to make out but seems to say model rd688s (1999)

Problems:

Well, for one, I hate yellow, but havent gotten the boss to shell out for paint yet. Maybe Black, Blue, or something like the hammered metal finishes I have seen. We have an extra just like it. I want to cover one in that spray-on bed liner stuff. Scratch THAT paint job! LOL.

Also, the lights work fine untill you turn the truck on. Then it looses the driver side running lights. I have no clue why? Could it possibly be a relay? Not sure. Any help appreciated.

That which fails to kill you can only make me laugh my ass off. You didn't die, so its all good.

The last truck sounds like a problem in the directional switch, or grounds. Unplug the directional switch and power up the truck and see what happens.

Speed Holes you install with an Axe makes them faster. . .

post-3242-0-02513900-1386273872.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE