Mack Pinnacle Hauling 2013 Capitol Christmas Tree

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Guess what, next year 2-3 guys wearing a strange cloth made hat in a tired f***liner will cut the rates and get the job!

Mack's been doing it for quite a few years now. I think they "donate" the truck for hauling the tree, then remove the graphics and sell the truck when it's completed it's mission.

damn it should have checked the travel routes sooner, the tree went through town two days ago. Should have known that a government job would take the longest route possible, never thought that a tree 150 miles east of me would get hauled west 300 miles to leave on I-5headed south. no wonder we cant pay our f#$&!ing bills

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Hagerstown to see the tree and trucks. A lady there told me her son works for Mack and the paint job on the trucks cost $50,000. That scene was beautiful.

Paint? I figured it was a wrap!
  • Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Fred - I am sure you heard the lady correctly when she called it a "paint job".

My "vote" is for a wrap. If you look closely at the Bulldog base you can see a white outline. Also, the back of the cab and farings are white. Likely a white truck with a wrap. Nice wrap/paint regardless.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Farmers right, looks like a wrap but it looks good either way.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Ya know that truck brings up another question I can't get an answer for, if the Super Econodyne is supposed to be the greatest fuel mileage getter in the land, why go with short side skirts? I mean come on it comes with a front air dam, a roof mounted air deflector, extended chassis skirts and super high gears and low rolling resistance tires, but the side skirt stops two feet in front of the back tire, wth?

Ya know that truck brings up another question I can't get an answer for, if the Super Econodyne is supposed to be the greatest fuel mileage getter in the land, why go with short side skirts? I mean come on it comes with a front air dam, a roof mounted air deflector, extended chassis skirts and super high gears and low rolling resistance tires, but the side skirt stops two feet in front of the back tire, wth?

SO fat guys can grease their truck !!

• Like 1