1992-1997 Ford F Series trucks

BKrois

99 F350 4x4 Diesel dually. 7.3 with a evolution programmer, heavy duty rebuilt auto trans. 4.11 gears, 4" exhaust from turbo back, 188k.

This thing flat out hauls ass! Many a kid with his little Civic that sounds like a chainsaw has been embarrassed at a red light!

I've owned several Ford trucks and while I do like the 87-97 body style, the Super Duty is by far the best truck ford has ever put out. Bigger cab, and the rear doors open on the super cab.

post-6730-0-36103400-1383445515_thumb.jp

• Like 1

7.3 = virtually trouble free. 6.0 and 6.4, not so much. I hear good things about the new 6.7's, though.

My hang up in buying is, I 'd rather spend money on a clutch than have to someday have an automatic rebuild, because of the cost difference. Looks like I may have a long wait.

mike

• 2 months later...

well the trusty 7.3 is under my foot again. the not so trusty 6.0 is back in the shop for the third time for all new injectors, $3100.. last set of injectors laster 13000 miles. needless to say the old man is not too happy. junk actually left me on the side of the roads stranded to. never had a GM leave me on the side of the road unlessi helped It a little. driving the trusty 99 7.3 again.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg