Week in pics

mack mhe9

Well I got to do the dynamat. Not the worst thing I've ever done but not looking to do it again.

Couple Mack's running around in PA

Got passed buy this Titan going up hill, yes I was empty and flat to the floor. Go E6 350

Got to haul a couple fire trucks and let me tell you they are buy far the worst thing I think I've ever hauled.

The first one, a single axle was nice truck hauled it up to NH.

Then haul back this twin screw and ill give you some info these things are heavy.

Subtract 31000 for truck and trailer and there you have it 58000 for a for a fire truck.

Yes 51000 on a spread axle.

Back from NH to PA. Didn't like doing it. But had to get the job done.

I think that Meadowood disbanded last year. Meadowood was a private fire department located in Fitzwilliam, NH (Fitzwilliam has its own fire department). Their mission was to operate a fire training school

and to supply specialized equipment that was not available in rural N.H., VT., and MA. back in the '60s and '70s. Their first aerial was a 1956 Ford "F" with a Sponco electric ladder. They later had several

Mack Aerialscopes and even a rescue truck built on a Mack Aerialscope chassis. They had one of the first FD dive teams in the area.

bulldogboy

thinking you need to put some wood down and back it up 3 to 4'. wow. Cool pics

I was hoping to but it was 10.8 witch made me 14 ft. Had to air down the tires and chine down the suspension. It need to be on a 3 axle rgn. Or I just should nave not hauled it. That would have been the smarter decision.

• Like 1

I was hoping to but it was 10.8 witch made me 14 ft. Had to air down the tires and chine down the suspension. It need to be on a 3 axle rgn. Or I just should nave not hauled it. That would have been the smarter decision.

We all do goofy stuff till we get caught. Then we just wait till it is dark and tell them what the hell you mean it is tall. Tape here says 13'6

Not hauled it? That's no fun!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

We all do goofy stuff till we get caught. Then we just wait till it is dark and tell them what the hell you mean it is tall. Tape here says 13'6

That's my theory, move at night get to where your going as fast as you can. And if you stopped act dumb. No sir I didn't know that, or yes it looks bad but it's legal.

• Like 1

I have always wondered,(maybe one of you "firetruck guys" knows) but why do they make such a big deal out of de-indentifiying ex fire apparatus? ie: removing all the numbers,I.D. etc.?.I mean I know little to nothing about firetrucks,but even I knew that tandem ladder truck was ex- FDNY................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.