Leg room..

When the dash changed in what 02-03 it was a huge improvement and then when they changed again and added the 3 or 4" extension to the cab in 07-08 it made another leap, I dont even have to slide the seat allt he way back in the new cabs to get comfy and im 6'1" and all legs. I think its something like 6" more between the dash and the back of the cab from an R model to the new Granites I measured once but I cant remember, big difference for sure, the seats are still too close to the door though.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

My 96 cl has less leg room than my much older last truck 1983 rd,I got the seat jammed back as far as it will go and still all cramped up,maybe its got something to do with the seat witch is the original seat that came with the truck,it's a pain to even get my foot on the clutch pedal and I'm under six ft tall..

I still shake my head why Mack won't offer a deeper cab? Pete,kw,Volvo,everyone seems to have plenty of room yet the Mack cab still suffers....I sat inside a 2013 Pete with the rear wall panel extension. Besides the goofy look of that extension( it can be well hidden with dual stack set ups) you can fit so much stuff behind you and still get the seat back into a more relaxed position. No need to have it jammed up against the rear wall....just adjust it how ever you like and drive...what a concept!

And for the record I don't sit on the floor boards and have my legs all stretched out. But when I want to stretch my legs I should have the room.....

A big part of the leg room issue in the CH/CL trucks was the choice of seat. I have a friend that swapped a Mack factory high back bostrom with a low ride and the legroom improved noticably with the change in the angle of your knees. I swapped a high back sticker in an RD for a low ride mid back several years ago and that was the ticket, better angle for your legs, and because was shorter it moved back an inch further. I'm planning on putting two Bostrom T series low ride mid back seats in blue cloth in the Superliner when I can afford it.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I'm 6'2" and I've never had any issues with leg room in my CH. Only space issue I've ever had was too much distance between the driver's seat and the passenger door...without a power window on that side, it's just too Damn far to reach to roll up when it starts raining...

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I'm 6'2" and I've never had any issues with leg room in my CH. Only space issue I've ever had was too much distance between the driver's seat and the passenger door...without a power window on that side, it's just too Damn far to reach to roll up when it starts raining...

Ha, and the r model shines in that area, you can almost adjust the pass side mirror.

I used to love to rest my hand on the passenger seat in my rd,took a while to get used to the wide cab of the cl,keep throwing my hand over there just to grab some air lol