Pinnacle sleeper

Used to be is it not listed on the website.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

How many options are they going to drop before they just drop the trucks themselves.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

The issue that arises with a Midrise 70" with a double bunk is there is a huge lack of storage space in the sleeper even for 1 guy . We have Midrise and Highrise Pinnacles. If you run a team operation and really need the second bed. The Mid rise has no where to put anything. We order Mid's with a fridge and shelving on the upper side walls and the single drivers still say its lacking for storage considering under the bed is gear, a heat/ac unit and a bunk heater. The Highrise double bunks we have have WAY more storage space for staying out for a week at a time. I could use a midrise double bunk for single operations.....that upper bed would make a great shelf.

Options cost too much now. Its all about getting a truck out there that will last say 10-15 yrs. The less options the less time it spends on assembly line so more profit in the end. these companies dont care about their customers any more but the money.

I agree,they won't even entertain a "custom" order (unless you're buying 2-300 trucks)........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I drove a 96' mid rise IH9400 eagle .double bunk. I ran in teams rarely as in a few times a year. I never felt we had lack of space. We kept our clothes bags on the floor and had 2 cubby holes for stuff we used. No tv or fridge just a small cooler we kept in the truck and a large cooler with the majority of drinks kept in the trailer. Running solo I kept the upper bunk up and out of the way. 10- 16 hrs driving then go to sleep for 8-10 . Well rested and do it again. Don't think I ever went anywhere in the u.s that kept me in the truck more than 3 nights in a row... If I hauled freight I would have wanted a fridge and tv but the bare big bunk worked well for me.

Onthe otherhand Our hi rise IH had a fridge,tv and microwave ...I felt it was over cluttered running teams and lacked storage with all the stuff that belongs in a kitchen.

I drove a 96' mid rise IH9400 eagle .double bunk. I ran in teams rarely as in a few times a year. I never felt we had lack of space. We kept our clothes bags on the floor and had 2 cubby holes for stuff we used. No tv or fridge just a small cooler we kept in the truck and a large cooler with the majority of drinks kept in the trailer. Running solo I kept the upper bunk up and out of the way. 10- 16 hrs driving then go to sleep for 8-10 . Well rested and do it again. Don't think I ever went anywhere in the u.s that kept me in the truck more than 3 nights in a row... If I hauled freight I would have wanted a fridge and tv but the bare big bunk worked well for me.

Onthe otherhand Our hi rise IH had a fridge,tv and microwave ...I felt it was over cluttered running teams and lacked storage with all the stuff that belongs in a kitchen.

I had a small TV and a fridge running otr for a while, I stayed out 2 weeks and home 2-4 days, I only used the TV when I was loading or unloading and bored the fridge kept me from paying truck stop food prices. I never really understood all the stuff some guys carry in their trucks, if your driving you can't use it and if your not driving you should be eating or resting so you can start driving again. Of course all the newer dot regs kinda leave you stranded away from home a couple days a week unless you get it just right.

The issue that arises with a Midrise 70" with a double bunk is there is a huge lack of storage space in the sleeper even for 1 guy . We have Midrise and Highrise Pinnacles. If you run a team operation and really need the second bed. The Mid rise has no where to put anything. We order Mid's with a fridge and shelving on the upper side walls and the single drivers still say its lacking for storage considering under the bed is gear, a heat/ac unit and a bunk heater. The Highrise double bunks we have have WAY more storage space for staying out for a week at a time. I could use a midrise double bunk for single operations.....that upper bed would make a great shelf.

you got that right; Mack sucks when it comes to sleeper storage space; you should check the 60inch midrise, is worse than 70inch;i had a 70 inch midrise and it was not that bad for a guy that spends 4 to 5 days on the road, it depends how much staff you want with you but I was ok. I sold that truck and got one with 60 inch midrise; the reason was $$; went for a RAWHIDE and those do not come cheap; paid 147000 CAD for it; another reason was the ability to keep that big 70 warm in the cold Canadian winters; the webasto was working hard at -30 to -40C; but I made I huge mistake; this sleeper is small and almost no storage in it; I had to come up with ideas to store my staff and make my life easier. makes a guy wonder when you look at another trucks out there; But the huge problem I have with Mack is QUALITY . The way they put everything together, fit and finish etc.is just disappointing. The seal between the cab and the sleeper failed after 10 months flooding the sleeper with water during a heavy rain night.The truck was still under 12 months but it had more than 100000 miles on it and I had to kind of split the bill with my dealer. When I look at other trucks and the way they are built I wonder why did I pay so much money for this POS. Just take a look at Volvo, PACCAR products, freightliner etc. and you can see the huge difference in design, quality etc. No wonder MACK is not a strong seller on the sleeper or hwy side.

• 3 weeks later...

you got that right; Mack sucks when it comes to sleeper storage space; you should check the 60inch midrise, is worse than 70inch;i had a 70 inch midrise and it was not that bad for a guy that spends 4 to 5 days on the road, it depends how much staff you want with you but I was ok. I sold that truck and got one with 60 inch midrise; the reason was $$; went for a RAWHIDE and those do not come cheap; paid 147000 CAD for it; another reason was the ability to keep that big 70 warm in the cold Canadian winters; the webasto was working hard at -30 to -40C; but I made I huge mistake; this sleeper is small and almost no storage in it; I had to come up with ideas to store my staff and make my life easier. makes a guy wonder when you look at another trucks out there; But the huge problem I have with Mack is QUALITY . The way they put everything together, fit and finish etc.is just disappointing. The seal between the cab and the sleeper failed after 10 months flooding the sleeper with water during a heavy rain night.The truck was still under 12 months but it had more than 100000 miles on it and I had to kind of split the bill with my dealer. When I look at other trucks and the way they are built I wonder why did I pay so much money for this POS. Just take a look at Volvo, PACCAR products, freightliner etc. and you can see the huge difference in design, quality etc. No wonder MACK is not a strong seller on the sleeper or hwy side.

i have to respond here, you said in a earlier post that you had a 08 chu and you liked the durability of the drive train but hated the cab quality. but you bought another one 2012 and you just keep complaining about the truck . you hate the headlights and sleeper and doors , just seems like your a chronic complainer.

• Like 1

i have to respond here, you said in a earlier post that you had a 08 chu and you liked the durability of the drive train but hated the cab quality. but you bought another one 2012 and you just keep complaining about the truck . you hate the headlights and sleeper and doors , just seems like your a chronic complainer.

You just had to right?

Well sir what can I say? Can you blame me????

After everything I've been trough with Mack quality I just couldn't do a happy dance

You are calling me a '' chronic complainer''. Maybe I am but let me tell you something:

If they would put this cabs together with some more responsibility I WOULD NOT COMPLAIN the way I'm not complaining about the power train and running gear.

My advice to anyone that wants to by a truck with sleeper is STAY AWAY FROM MACK ; it's not worth it

There are way better trucks out there when it comes to sleepers

As long as you stick with day cabs you will be all right. There are not to many things that they can screw up

You are running day cabs right logman? What and how much you now about Mack sleepers? How much time you have spend in Mack sleepers specially the new ones? Definitely NOTHING and NO TIME and if you do, you have absolutely no sense of quality.

But you make comments about me and my posts. I can assure you that all I said is true and real.

I see that you run a Superliner, a CL, and a Titan. Let me tell you about your trucks and then you correct me if I'm wrong.

The Superliner was sold primarily as a day cab( like most of the Mack trucks) and occasionally with sleeper box. From some brochures I've read there was a 60 inch mid roof removable sleeper( the way Mack still builds their trucks now days so we can get flooded) and a bunch of flat tops that I didn't see in the brochure but I've seen pictures of them.

According to your nickname I assume that you work in the logging industry, so you may have or not have a sleeper on that Superliner. I assume not

The CL was the replacement of Superliner and it was not offered with a factory installed sleeper( big mistake here)

The Titan was the replacement of CL and when it was lunch in 2008 again not offered with a factory installed sleeper

Finally they put a sleeper on Titan but it's a 34inch one and has NOTHING in it for storage.

So back to our discussion Mr. Logman HOW MUCH DO YOU NOW ABOUT MACK SLEEPERS?

Probably as much as LICERNE TRACTOR

Got a 70 Vision Mid roof sleeper, love it, best design out there. Everything is well thought out, cabinets, drawers, windows, shelves. Try a 379 then you got something to complain about.W900 sleepers are nice, the rest don't compare to Mack.

First you got the nr and model wrong.

We say '' GOT A VISION WITH 70 INCH MID ROOF SLEEPER''; that's all right I'm just bugging you

Well, I don't now where your truck was built or actually I don't now if you now what a cabinet and drawer is; I have spend 3 1/2 years in a 70inch mid roof sleeper made by Mack and I couldn't find that cabinet or drawer

So let me give you some Mack sleeper education.

Today Mack offers 6 sleepers

We have a 34, a 48, and a 56 inch flat tops

We have a 60 and a 70 inch mid roofs

And we have a 70 inch high roof

Let's take them one by one and see if we can find that cabinet or drawer of yours

THE 34 INCH FLAT TOP was recently introduced for Granite and Titan and it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in it for storage

THE 48 INCH FLAT TOP offered on Pinnacle has NO SHELVES, NO CABINETS, NO DRAWERS

THE 56 INCH FLAT TOP offered on Pinnacle has 2 shelves and NO DRAWERS , NO CABINETS

THE 60 INCH MID ROOF offered on Pinnacle has lots of potential but not exploited

So for this one we have an option. Fridge or no fridge. Behind the drivers seat there is a unit that can be fitted with a fridge or a cabinet instead. Behind the passenger seat there is a wardrobe. That is a wardrobe because it has a bar at the top for coat hangers . That is not a cabinet. I said that this sleeper has lots of potential because there is lots of space not used on the sides and on the back wall.

So the conclusion with this one is:

If you don't go for the fridge you CAN HAVE A CABINET but NO SHELVES, NO DRAWERS

THE 70 INCH MID ROOF offered on Pinnacle has 2 shelves and again a wardrobe on the passenger side. Behind the drivers seat there is a unit that can be fitted with a fridge or A BIG HOLE . Yes, if you don't take the fridge they'll give you nothing. There is also a pull out table or work desk on top of the fridge or big hole unit.

If you don't go for the fridge you CAN HAVE A BIG HOLE, and you CAN HAVE THE SHELVES,but NO CABINETS, NO DRAWERS.

THE 70 INCH HIGH ROOF offered on Pinnacle has lots of storage space in it and its the only one offered with bunk beds

It will have pretty much the same units like the 70 inch mid roof except the shelves( because of the top bed ) There is an attic style storage space on top of cab and 2 cabinets placed higher on the sleeper walls( one on each side)

This sleeper has lots of storage space for one guy and even for a team.

Even if we don't have the shelves and the drawers ( basically we don't have drawers in any Mack sleepers) I have to say that this is acceptable.

So coming back to your 70 inch mid roof sleeper. Where are the cabinets and the drawers?

Do your homework buddy and don't misinform people. That is not right.

Edited by chu613

Psssst.....I have 2 2013 Pinnacles, One with a 60" and one with a 70" sleeper.

My 60" has a cabinet with door and internal shelves mounted on the passenger side of the sleeper.(not a wardrobe)

Also the drivers side cabinet unit (no fridge in this unit) has 2 drawers and a large door with 2 internal shelves. (these cabinet units are the same shape and design as used in the Volvo VN series and are optional.) One drawer the usual pull out that is also a desk top. The other drawer pulls out over the matress on the back side of the cabinet unit. Its small and useless.

There are few options and I agree Mack could do a lot more with the quality and layout of the offered bunks..

You can add or omit wall shelves on the 70". This bunk could really use some upper cabinets on the back wall like the older CH Elite interior sleepers Pre 1995.

I had a 2006 CHN Rawhide with a 60" and was disappointed with the space etc. Mine never leaked and it sucks you had as many issues as you have had.

Keep in mind no one is perfect on this forum and we all make boo boo's.

Hope you have better luck with the Mack bunks in the future. I will never by a 60" again, and Highrise is the way to go if you can..

Psssst.....I have 2 2013 Pinnacles, One with a 60" and one with a 70" sleeper.

My 60" has a cabinet with door and internal shelves mounted on the passenger side of the sleeper.(not a wardrobe)

Also the drivers side cabinet unit (no fridge in this unit) has 2 drawers and a large door with 2 internal shelves. (these cabinet units are the same shape and design as used in the Volvo VN series and are optional.) One drawer the usual pull out that is also a desk top. The other drawer pulls out over the matress on the back side of the cabinet unit. Its small and useless.

There are few options and I agree Mack could do a lot more with the quality and layout of the offered bunks..

You can add or omit wall shelves on the 70". This bunk could really use some upper cabinets on the back wall like the older CH Elite interior sleepers Pre 1995.

I had a 2006 CHN Rawhide with a 60" and was disappointed with the space etc. Mine never leaked and it sucks you had as many issues as you have had.

Keep in mind no one is perfect on this forum and we all make boo boo's.

Hope you have better luck with the Mack bunks in the future. I will never by a 60" again, and Highrise is the way to go if you can..

Finally somebody that knows Mack sleepers.

I can only argue with you about the desk top or table. I would not call that a drawer just because it pulls out.

That is only a table or a work desk. Just because it draws it doesn't make it a drawer.

Good feedback

I'm in a 2010 with a 70in bunk. I came out of an 84in KW studio. There is no comparision. The mack feels like a regional fleet truck, and the KW was a hyway or long haul truck.

Mack has no storage space, and under the bunk is useless.

The plastic guages really dissappoint me. Seems all the others use glass. Well, except vulva.

The mack in cab lighting is less than stellar too. I feel the interior was not thought out.

Power points are few, and shelves dont really hold all that much. Have to wedge my duffle bag in, so it doesnt fall out.

And why cant the bulldog co-pilot be dimmed while driving. If dimmed, then in daylite mode, I cant read the odometer, and if its on full, then at nite its blinding. And can only be adjusted with the parking brake on. Just not a well thought out cab layout.

Our newest stuff is showing up now, and have M drives...... kinda excited about those.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We say '' GOT A VISION WITH 70 INCH MID ROOF SLEEPER''; that's all right I'm just bugging you

Well, I don't now where your truck was built or actually I don't now if you now what a cabinet and drawer is; I have spend 3 1/2 years in a 70inch mid roof sleeper made by Mack and I couldn't find that cabinet or drawer

Let's take them one by one and see if we can find that cabinet or drawer of yours

THE 34 INCH FLAT TOP was recently introduced for Granite and Titan and it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in it for storage

THE 48 INCH FLAT TOP offered on Pinnacle has NO SHELVES, NO CABINETS, NO DRAWERS

THE 56 INCH FLAT TOP offered on Pinnacle has 2 shelves and NO DRAWERS , NO CABINETS

THE 60 INCH MID ROOF offered on Pinnacle has lots of potential but not exploited

So for this one we have an option. Fridge or no fridge. Behind the drivers seat there is a unit that can be fitted with a fridge or a cabinet instead. Behind the passenger seat there is a wardrobe. That is a wardrobe because it has a bar at the top for coat hangers . That is not a cabinet. I said that this sleeper has lots of potential because there is lots of space not used on the sides and on the back wall.

If you don't go for the fridge you CAN HAVE A CABINET but NO SHELVES, NO DRAWERS

THE 70 INCH MID ROOF offered on Pinnacle has 2 shelves and again a wardrobe on the passenger side. Behind the drivers seat there is a unit that can be fitted with a fridge or A BIG HOLE . Yes, if you don't take the fridge they'll give you nothing. There is also a pull out table or work desk on top of the fridge or big hole unit.

If you don't go for the fridge you CAN HAVE A BIG HOLE, and you CAN HAVE THE SHELVES,but NO CABINETS, NO DRAWERS.

THE 70 INCH HIGH ROOF offered on Pinnacle has lots of storage space in it and its the only one offered with bunk beds

It will have pretty much the same units like the 70 inch mid roof except the shelves( because of the top bed ) There is an attic style storage space on top of cab and 2 cabinets placed higher on the sleeper walls( one on each side)

Even if we don't have the shelves and the drawers ( basically we don't have drawers in any Mack sleepers) I have to say that this is acceptable.

So coming back to your 70 inch mid roof sleeper. Where are the cabinets and the drawers?

First off, I'm not your buddy, Thank God!!! Seems you know pretty much everything there is to know. I'm sure life does get boring and probably rather miserable when you have all the knowledge and seen all there is to see, so I understand your condition. Why anyone would do a complete year to date study on Mack sleepers is beyond me, but then again, what do I know? Hold on a second......yep, it pulls out, it's box shaped with a bottom, on drawer slides and it holds stuff and slides back in. It does have a cover that needs to be lifted to put things in it, but that cover works great for writing, and it keeps my 3 months of receipts from falling out the back of the DRAWER and going behind the FACTORY refrigerator and freezer. Clever, a duel purpose DRAWER. If you can only come on here and insult people, why bother wasting your time? Write a book on??? Well.....anything and everything!!!! Typed from the 70 inch mid roof sleeper with a DRAWER, hanging cabinet, shelves on both sides with, plastic baskets to hold supplies, and a microwave installed under the one on the passengers side, a corner shelf with a scan, copy, printer that has a paper shelf underneath, while enjoying the X long twin mattress and cross ventilation from the windows with screens placed up high to pull the heat out and the louvers placed low for cooler air, while typing on my laptop on the counter above the DRAWER. My cup is 1/2 full.

• Like 1