Apportioned plates

bigmack73

Whenever Bosses of mine needed to mess with titles & registrations on there commercial vehicles, I've always know it to be a trip down to motor vehicle in Trenton, N.J.'s capital. Can't do much at the local dmv's or regionals. jeez what with computers and such in this day and age. go figure?

Also when they needed company id;s or corporate codes they usually would use there social security codes with 3 ooo'S added in the beginning or at the end. IT wasn't a trick or nothing. it's what it was more or less.

hope maybe that give you some idea.

its a dirty job why do i like it so much?

and life ain't easy,when your fat and greasy

Yup...apportioned plates will need a USDOT# with MC authority. You can register those with any name you like...your own name if a sole proprietorship, or if incorporated you'd use your corporate name. That name & USDOT# will have to be on the sides of the truck, too. Even farmers who cross state lines gotta jump through those hoops 'round here...if it can possibly be considered "interstate commerce", the feds want to have their hand in it so you'll have to abide by all of the FMCSA regulations.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!