Brockway "Toughest Truck In The World"

bullhusk

i like those construction fenders, they look good on the dump. That truck is like new, central hardly ever used it. The 360 tractor my uncle joe re bought was in brockway today magazine all restored, I wish he would have kept it Ernie she was sweet, those jug head Brock's are wore out, the one green one had a 12 in it, the crank was bad so he tried to install a 3406b in it and never finished it, the truck was real clean with low mileage and he should have put another 12 in it but he never parts with any thing.

Joe wanted 35,000 for that 360 with the 1693 motor!! It was just to much money for that truck! I gave him a little more then I wanted to for the 361 but, there it is! all I did was paint the body gray and wound up doin the liners

BULLHUSK

Damn sharp Huskypup Ernie! any progress on the blue one? that's one of my favorite trucks that's ever been posted on here! nice pics of you and the boys too! wouldn't know what to do without my dogs,as big a part of the family as I am! Gotta get that truck to Macungie one of these days,just get on 78 and head west! we had a great time this year,first time I've been to the show,nice to meet up in person sometime!...................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Damn sharp Huskypup Ernie! any progress on the blue one? that's one of my favorite trucks that's ever been posted on here! nice pics of you and the boys too! wouldn't know what to do without my dogs,as big a part of the family as I am! Gotta get that truck to Macungie one of these days,just get on 78 and head west! we had a great time this year,first time I've been to the show,nice to meet up in person sometime!...................Mark

Thanks mark,I'm at macungie every year I missed everyone this year!! Maybe next year I will bring a truck but havin grandsons with me takes up all my time! The blue Brock and the R700 are on my send it out to get done list

Ernie

Absolutely beautiful truck, Ernie!

That's a good looking truck! there were a lot of Brockways running around South Jersey when I was younger,we were also near the factory sales branch too (Vineland,NJ) up until a few years ago,the big fiberglass Husky was still up on the sign (long since gone now) I think the old building is a truck frame /alignment shop now. My dad looked at a new 361 very much like that one,but didn't want a Detroit,so he ended up with a 72 White-Freightliner C.O.E..................Mark

I think I mentioned this company in the past but M. Levin used to have a place in Rosenhayn and they had 3 Brockway cabovers. 2 had Detroits and the 3rd had a Cat or Cummins. They were blue with a white stripe.

Jim

Love the old Brockways. There's still one that runs through here, I think he's out of Missouri. Black, R model cab, huge sleeper, and I think he pulls a flatbed. I've seen him on I55 as far north as Sikeston and as far south as Helena, AR several times. No pics though. Got a stupid question: What does Huskidrive mean?

Jake

Love the old Brockways. There's still one that runs through here, I think he's out of Missouri. Black, R model cab, huge sleeper, and I think he pulls a flatbed. I've seen him on I55 as far north as Sikeston and as far south as Helena, AR several times. No pics though. Got a stupid question: What does Huskidrive mean?

Huskidrive was Brockways 2 speed rear-end designed to be used as an overdrive,you can tell a Huskidrive equipped truck because it has TWO gold Huskys on the hood! a lot of the oldtimers called them "5 on the floor,2 on the dash" (the two speed switch is located on the dash,looks a lot like a power-divider switch)...................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Huskidrive was Brockways 2 speed rear-end designed to be used as an overdrive,you can tell a Huskidrive equipped truck because it has TWO gold Huskys on the hood! a lot of the oldtimers called them "5 on the floor,2 on the dash" (the two speed switch is located on the dash,looks a lot like a power-divider switch)...................................Mark

Okay, thanks, Mark. Was it a 5 speed Mack box?

Jake

no it was not a mack box, and the black brock that you see is ken small, I think other members may be able to chime in to correct me if I am wrong.

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.