aclem

Hi everybody... im new here. I get on everyday to look at all the stuff being talked about. We just bought a tri axle dump from buffalo ny. We started to drive it home to watertown ny and tranny went bad. tow bill home and tranny fix with a few extras was $7000. yes it was really high. since then we have put a turbo, radiator, air to air radiator, air dryer, new brakes, new brake chambers new slack adjusters, new s-cams, new tires. We finally have most of bugs out of it. Its been a real oney pit and now its working good and making us money. we bought it for $20,000 and figured about 13,000 in parts and labor. its doing great now though and hope to find some odd ball pieces to make it look better. cab is in great shape on from being up here. hope to find a grille and headliner plastic piece for radio over head. other then that a train horn has been added a few led lights. sooner or later we will put some chrome on it and it will look even better. possible winter project is rebuild rear ends and inner frame. hahaha what a joke i know. well i may ask for some help here an there like i already have a few times and i appreciate the help also. i may look for a mack r,u,dm project truck if anyone has one for sale in ny. please let me know. i love macks. My uncle just got done building a u model tandem tractor and it turned out nice. seens how the r model tractor they had someone stole and burned it in the middle of the night. we did buy a parts truck but alot of things we differnt so we sold it to a guy in buffalo. we made 1500 on it and he came and got it so i couldnt complain. I said we may rebuild rear ends this winter but if we do we may do alot more because rear ratio is 5.73 and we want to change it to a 8LL and we cant do that now because 8LL dont have overdrive to make it go fast enough. T2070a is not enough for us when we haul 22-23 ton at a time. but so far so good. nice being on here with everybody that knows alot in case i need help thanks.

A.Clement

sorry to here about the problems, is it possible to say who the truck came from, private or business. a 2070 trans should do what you want. I have a 2080 in my dm 690 and does fine, but it is a big jump between 4th and 5th. I think mine has 4.56 ratio rears. good luck

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.