Here's the 950J on the haul truck.

null_zps87449601.jpg

I don't see any flags or oversize warning materials, I'm tellin lol, I used to move 330 Cat excavators with 4 binders from the tracks to the trailer and nothing else. Its amazing what you can get used to.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I don't see any flags or oversize warning materials, I'm tellin lol, I used to move 330 Cat excavators with 4 binders from the tracks to the trailer and nothing else. Its amazing what you can get used to.

Yeah been there done that. My days of running outlaw are over now that I foot the bill

You need new flags then. They check that stuff now

That also depends on the officer. Hell you get new ones and go out to a mud pit according to New Mexico you need new ones. How many flags can we put on a day.

Upon further review I do see the flags I just don't see the sign

Ha I saw those they are kinda cruddy but Id try em, they just arent at the wide point, round here they want flags on the edge of the blade (widest point) and an oversize sign on the rear. Its actually gotten kinda ridiculous so say friends that are still hauling heavy and oversize, makes me wonder why I would want a lowboy trailer for the Superliner but I do.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Ha I saw those they are kinda cruddy but Id try em, they just arent at the wide point, round here they want flags on the edge of the blade (widest point) and an oversize sign on the rear. Its actually gotten kinda ridiculous so say friends that are still hauling heavy and oversize, makes me wonder why I would want a lowboy trailer for the Superliner but I do.

You just want to go strolling by those legal trucks coming up the rock. Lol say it ain't so.

• Like 1

Anthony's Loam in Chelmsford,MA has this mint D8K to push up piles

attachicon.gifIMG_8773.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8769.JPG

The D8K (model 77V) was my fav-o-rite tractor. Faster than the D8H, higher ground clearance, more power, & quicker hydraulics. We did, however, bypass the built-in brakes on the steering clutch levers. Otherwise, you would occasionally get a quicker turn than you expected! They were "on" or "off"...no "feathering".

Sometimes hauled one of these behind an R611ST on a 3-axle Hyster fixed-neck lowboy. With attachments, about 111, 000 gross.

Ahhhhh....memories!

• Like 1
  • Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

You just want to go strolling by those legal trucks coming up the rock. Lol say it ain't so.

I'm not gonna say that I'm not motivated by a love of embarrassing Paccar products on hills, cause I do love it so.
  • Like 2

I haven't ever run many of the smaller dozers mainly D4, D5, D6, and Deere/Case equivalent. I think my favorite so far would be a Deere 700j very well balanced machine with enough blade speed and finesse for finish work, but plenty of power for moving lots of material.

Ran the pedal steer 3's with the hand throttle what a pos it was. hated it. Loved the little 350 Deere. Ran a D5C that was like running a 3 on steroids. Awsome little bastard. biggest I've run was the 8N. Moved 9's never ran them pushing.

• 2 weeks later...

A D9H that's a heavy old dozer, I've been around D8H's and K's but never a 9 that one looks like its in great shape.