PITA Hood Mounts

Installled new cabmounts, now to fix the slight lean in the hood, picked up some new bushings from the Mack dealer...

What a ridiculously difficult job changing the bushings! I think I cussed less changing the B model king pins! Unless I just did it completely wrong, there is no way to get to the bolt head and nut from the same side! I dont know how this job is supposed to be done, but there must be a better way!

Bolts and nuts were SO difficult to get apart, the 1/2" Impact just laughed at me...finally got one loose, broke the other bolt (had a big cheater bar on a wrench)...

I thought taking the bumper off would help....it did not!

post-6773-0-32008400-1368907888_thumb.jp

I don't know why this SOB would rather break in two, than let the nut come off!

post-6773-0-59678500-1368908025_thumb.jp

Had to jack the hood to each side to get the bushings out...had to be on all sides at once to make sure I didnt let it bind up!

post-6773-0-78406100-1368908130_thumb.jp

Figured out to tighten them, bury the wrench behind the hood, lower the hood and tighten the nut from the outside, worked pretty good...

post-6773-0-79034200-1368908511_thumb.jppost-6773-0-66689200-1368908534_thumb.jp

All beautiful again, hood sittling level, cab sitting level...time for a ride!!!

post-6773-0-54729000-1368908571_thumb.jp

holy mackerel, would have been easier to hire a fat girl as a counterweight to level it up!

I believe Vinny has that market covered

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Sure this is right??

post-3242-0-66672700-1368922398_thumb.jp

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Sure this is right??

Way to much free time today!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE