Pictures of the Week

other dog

The cicadis should be gone. They come every seven years. Had killed my Dogwood tree in 2011. Have seen none thus far. How old is that photo?

mike

hmmmmm...about 6 hrs. now- I took it this morning. These are the 17 year locusts. But they're only in certain areas at different times, they were in Moneta either last year or the year before last, but not around here. They haven't started screeching yet, but i'm sure it won't be long. My yard is full of the little holes they come out of.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

We have a ton of those cicadas around here too,i cut the grass this morning and have been finding a lot of the empty shells they come out of,but like Tom said,no noise yet! plenty of damn squirrels too! they eat up all they birdseeds my wife puts out,she has three birdfeeders she prolly fills up twice a week,i guess the birds get pissed when the sqirrels eat their food,cause they angrily shit on my freshly washed truck when the things empty!.........................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I'm gonna look on the interweb machine for cicada recipes now...that, or i'm gonna cook these pork chops that I just got at Food Lion.

...Think i'm going with the pork chops.I don't know about recipes,but the dog likes them! (and bumblebees) prolly already eaten 3 or 4 today!.......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

They haven't started here yet in Rockland/Bergen county. Supposed to be monumental. It doesn't matter where you are in the country if a girl is around a workplace with trucks or construction everybody is looking at her ass and it's like a universal thing. You know everybody is looking and thinking the same thing. :)

Rob

I've been to Chester, W.V. to Sugar Creek, Oh. to Bristol, Va. to Mosheim, Tn. to Moneta, Va. to Oakland, Md. to McKees Rocks to Lynchburg to Duluth, Ga. to Macon, Ga. and back to Concord this week.

Were you off on Thursday and Friday?

No sign of cicadas around here. We had them pretty bad in '98 or '99 so it hasn't been 17 years yet. Must be global warming.

I like the shot of the round, firm Peaks of Otter with the puffy...uh...clouds.

Jim

Were you off on Thursday and Friday?

No sign of cicadas around here. We had them pretty bad in '98 or '99 so it hasn't been 17 years yet. Must be global warming.

I like the shot of the round, firm Peaks of Otter with the puffy...uh...clouds.

Not as impressive as Pilot Mountain though,eh?

post-1374-0-59044800-1368317025_thumb.jp

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.