Excavators.

RFCDrum

Here is a 350D Deere with a swamp stick I saw in Bettendorf IA today. Was at a little gravel pit right on the Mississippi River.

I'm gonna guess that maybe they get their material from a barge and they use this machine to pull it out. Although it would

seem to have a small bucket for that.

post-13943-0-23854400-1373067491_thumb.j

Here is a 350D Deere with a swamp stick I saw in Bettendorf IA today. Was at a little gravel pit right on the Mississippi River.

I'm gonna guess that maybe they get their material from a barge and they use this machine to pull it out. Although it would

seem to have a small bucket for that.

With a boom that long they can't put a big bucket on it. When you're at full reach a large bucket will cause the machine to tip over. They could use it for unloading a barge. Around here they have a Hitachi with that size boom on it in Tilcon Haverstraw that they use to clean out the retention ponds for the quarry. It could possibly be used for that too.

87 RD 686SX

07 CL-733

06 Granite CV-713

"Old Macks never die, just get new generations of drivers"

Only place I have seen those long boom, long stick short bucket excavators is cleaning out the silt ponds at quarries. I think every quarry and sand plant around here uses em for that and they are messy slinging that slop around.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Only place I have seen those long boom, long stick short bucket excavators is cleaning out the silt ponds at quarries. I think every quarry and sand plant around here uses em for that and they are messy slinging that slop around.

They're still using drag lines up here for that.

Matt

Here's one from around our area. 5110 Cat getting ready to by put on the trailer. The machine is driven over top of the trailer, then the trailer is jacked up to the undercarriage and the tracks are pulled off, then the trailer is lowered back down. Undercarriage sits on the bed.

post-12432-0-05410400-1373214145_thumb.j

• Like 2

nice post , I own an old J-D 690B 1980 , she is slow but she is good to me .

Other than having backwards controls and the cab being on the wrong side, a 690b is a dang good machine. That's what I learned on when I was about 16.

Jake

Here's one from around our area. 5110 Cat getting ready to by put on the trailer. The machine is driven over top of the trailer, then the trailer is jacked up to the undercarriage and the tracks are pulled off, then the trailer is lowered back down. Undercarriage sits on the bed.

attachicon.gifTACC's Shovel.jpg

Beastly and in company colors.

Cheers, Rob

Other than having backwards controls and the cab being on the wrong side, a 690b is a dang good machine. That's what I learned on when I was about 16.

I did change the hoses so the Deer is behaving like a Cat ! lol also why are you saying cab on the wrong side ? there is no wrong side cause either side you always have a blind spot, and still today you still have cranes with with cab on the right hand side ! anyway she digs properly than it is ok with me .

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale

I did change the hoses so the Deer is behaving like a Cat ! lol also why are you saying cab on the wrong side ? there is no wrong side cause either side you always have a blind spot, and still today you still have cranes with with cab on the right hand side ! anyway she digs properly than it is ok with me .

Isn't the cab on the right on those old JD's? I wasn't knocking it, I liked ours, I just know I couldn't run it now that I've got used to excavator controls. If you swapped it over I bet it's alright, though. They were some stout old machines.

Jake

Isn't the cab on the right on those old JD's? I wasn't knocking it, I liked ours, I just know I couldn't run it now that I've got used to excavator controls. If you swapped it over I bet it's alright, though. They were some stout old machines.

I understood you were not knocking the cab side I was just writing what I think , and it always make me wonder why the cab side is so important ! no feeling hurting ! lol

• Like 1

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale

• 2 weeks later...