mp 10 is a animal

was riding with my brother in the titan and came up on a 2013 kenworth w900L with a cummins isx 550 loaded with logs and we were loaded with logs and the same weight and we smokedby the kenworth like it was standing still. very impressive

• Like 2

was riding with my brother in the titan and came up on a 2013 kenworth w900L with a cummins isx 550 loaded with logs and we were loaded with logs and the same weight and we smokedby the kenworth like it was standing still. very impressive

our isx 600hp, PETE runs circles around our mp10 titan pulling 107000 in dump trailers

• Like 1

For sure, ours are geared pretty even, spicer to mack, we try to keep the trucks evenly speced to keep the drivers happy.we try to spec 3.91 ratios

What kind of fuel mileage are you getting?

ours is a 555 maxidyne with 4.30 gear ratio and 18 speed fuller. it wasnt even close goin up a 3 mile pull . id like to see this 600 cummins must be tuned up

in all honesty it is a stock isx 600 ,it does not have the def shit on it, 2008 year, the titan we have was bought new in 2012, no def on this either, runs good but not enough for the Isx.

The MP10 comes in multiple power settings ya know. 2 of which are below 600hp ;o)

Just saying . . .

Mike

Our titan has the 605hp setting, so it is about as close as you can get vs the ISX 600 cummins, we also have a ISX565 that outpulls the mack. The Titan has all the updates from mack and has been there a few times.

I think the ISX is 19L's as where the Mack is only 16L's ? Torque might be a factor, similar HP but different torque numbers ? ?

If that's the case 3L's larger, 60/61 cubes per liter gives the Cummins a serious CID advantage ;o)

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

the isx is only a 15 liter engine the 600 cummins has 2050 torque and the mp10 has 605 hp and 2060 torque. out titan is a 555 hp and 2060 torque. the kenworth we passed was a isx 550 hp and 1850 torque rating

Ok I thought I read it was a 19L/1150Ci I6 when first came out my mistake. Well with what you have pointed out the Mack has 5hp/10tq over the Cummins ISX diesel.

So how can the MP10 be slower/weakier ? !

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

Let me know when one of you guys run up against one of those new Detroit 16 Liter 600 plus motors? I should have that W-Star glider on the road this week, we took it around the block on Friday and It's a beast! 14-Liter 575 hp 1850 torque non EGR motor 13 double over with 4.10 rears 11R24.5 rubber. I will keep you guys posted

BULLHUSK

Bullhusk my couisin had a 575hp 1850 torque when it first came out about 8 years ago, maybe more. It was in a EX hood freightshaker triaxle tractor(lift). I think the liters was 15 something. This thing was a real dog, maybe cause it was a first year motor, but I hope yours runs better than his did.I forgot to mention it was a Detroit.

Mack, Cummins, and IH are the top 3 diesel engines I use. Tended to avoid the Detroit's as they were known as massive leaker's and I don't like leaks. I was told CAT's were good engines but very expensive to service and maintain so I limited my exposure to them as well.

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

I'm still driving early 1950s-late 1980s vehicles so the NEWER stuff is beyond my means as far as I am concerned. As the economy tanked I slowly replaced stuff with rigs I could service and repair myself.

Not mention buy them cheaper ;o)

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

Let me know when one of you guys run up against one of those new Detroit 16 Liter 600 plus motors? I should have that W-Star glider on the road this week, we took it around the block on Friday and It's a beast! 14-Liter 575 hp 1850 torque non EGR motor 13 double over with 4.10 rears 11R24.5 rubber. I will keep you guys posted wow,,,thought you disapeared ernie,,,anxious to see your new ride,,,havent been on here much myself...i thought an mp10 was some sort of computer,,,only read the post out of curiosity,,,lol..bob

BULLHUSK

Our customers new Titan 605 with 5000 miles on just got its first test. 157000 pounds with cruise set at 65mph, topped the largest long hill around here without down shifting and lost just 5 mph. Their new Cat truck now just sits collecting dust.

• Like 2

my brother loves his titan. we ordered another one supposed to be built in may. this time with the 515 hp and 1960 torque mp10. we figured we might get a little bit betterfuel mileage and saved about $2500 compared to a 555 or 605 and it should still pull strong. bullhusk i havent ran with a 600 dd16 detroit yet . most of the stuff around here is 560 or 530 hp detroit.or 550 cummins. western stars are popular in my area and alot of the guys get cummins power instead of detroit, not sure why because i here them complaining about having alot of problems with the 2010 and newer cummins. one guy said hes broke doen more than hes running and is sueing cummins for lost time. theres a few guys with the detroit dd15 and they seem to be better . but i dont know. i know of another outfit that traded in 11 kw w900 with 485 hp cummins isx for mack chu with the mp8 505 and the drivers say the macks are a better truck

Don't get me wrong I driven our Titan and it is a nice handling and powerful truck, the cummins do have problems with egr's and turbos, warranties usually cover it.The Cummins dealer I use does a great job keeping our trucks on the road. The older isx motors without the def 2005 thru 2008 run a lot better than the current models. We have a 2008 600 and a 2013 600 and the older one will leave it on a hill. WE used to have a CL mack with a signature 600 and that thing would outpull anything we ran across, we also had the same year motor in a Kw 565hp and this ran very very good.

Wow first time I can remember Cummins having issues, Though its also the first time I have heard anything positive in relation to Detroit diesels ? !

Than again the newest Cummins diesels I drove were a 2008 Sterling bullet 5500 4 wheel drive with a 375hp 6.7L-CTD, and 1997 Frieghtliner FL70 with a 250hp 8.3L-CTD. From there I jump back to the 855ci I6 Cummins 240hp non-turbo to a turbo charged 400hp unit. Never had any issues so didn't learn to repair them ;o)

Grew up around lots of Mack's just never got to drive any of them, I was always running the other trucks that they claimed were "easier to drive" arg !

The only CAT I got to drive was a GMC brig with a 210hp 3208 that was on it last leg's been rebuilt several times and was well passed needing another one. Hard to start and no power under a load. I don't really blame the engine I am sure if it weren't all worn out it'd pull good.

My experiences with Detroit is they leaked massive amounts of oil and semi doggy but not to bad just a bit sluggish some day's. I was always pouring oil into them ! Dump oil in it in the morning run it at lunch time stop and pour in some more oil ! Left an oil slick any place it was parked or sat still at.

The IH's were like the Cummins and Macks add a little oil here and there other wised they to fired right up and ran great until they wore out. Some even still ran great when they were worn out. They got ran until they wouldn't start without ether and the oil pressure went to crap. Idling at 10-25psi running down the road only holding 38-45psi once wore to that piont they finished out the season and were rebuilt.

4.33's and 4.44's were highway gears to us, 4.56, 4.88, 5.29, 5.43, 6.17, 6.38, 6.44, 6.72, 9.02, 10.11, and 12.55s if memory serves me right. I may have missed some there ;o)

Sorry unlike most my coworker's I didn't just do the job and go home, I liked to learn all the details of the rigs and equipment I was using. Truck, trailer, loader ect right on down the wheel barrow and rack and shovel.

I guess I'm bit crazy . . .

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have an MP10 to compare, but the 600 Cummins in our 2012 Coronado SD is gutless. My 550 Cat with identical gearing and tire size will pull hills 15 to 20 mph faster. Got two friends with MP10 605's and they love them. One got out of an E9 and said his new one pulls the hills in the same gear.

Do any of you run with any E-9's I would like to know if the MP-10 holds up to my E-9. I run two heavy haul lowboy trucks with E-9's and Mack 12 speeds. I am in need of another heavy haul truck and can not find a E-9 for sale any place. I have pulled with some MP-10 and they seemed to keep up tell we got on a long pull. Does the MP-10's engine brake work well or does it suck ass like the E-9. Thanks for your info.