Rant for the Day - Upside Down Pictures

farmer52

everybody's right...but with all the many things in this world you can worry about nowadays, spelling, punctuation, and pictures are not at the top of my list. My federal tax return was accepted, but the state return was rejected so straightening that out is at least in my top ten worry list now.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I've found that by being smart and acting average or slightly below, people expect less from you. Then when you slip up and reveal what you've really got between your ears, it takes 'em a while to pick their jaw up off the floor.

Kinda like a "sleeper" car....looks like a hunk of junk, but the engine is hopped up, drive train solid, and it'll blow the doors off that fancy show car any day of the week.

However, if you live your life trying to prove to the world how smart you are, you alienate people who might think you are arrogant. You also look like a fool each and every time you slip up and reveal that you aren't quite as smart as you've led people to believe you are.

You'll get much farther in life exceeding expectations than you will by not living up to them. However, it is a fine line you've got to walk. If you come across as too dumb, you'll never be given the chance to show what you know. That's where a lot of people go wrong....they come across as too dumb. You'll never fit that bored, stroked, supercharged big block under the hood of a "smart" car, and everybody knows it....

....but damn that'd be a wicked fast car if'n ya could! Engine would probably account for 90% of the car's weight...power to weight ratio would be tough to beat... :tease:

well, if anybody could put a big block in a smart car, using only scrap metal and commonly discarded rubbish found laying around in the corners and under the tables and work benches in the shop, you would be the man to do it!

post-1374-0-59106800-1364641354_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I've found that by being smart and acting average or slightly below, people expect less from you. Then when you slip up and reveal what you've really got between your ears, it takes 'em a while to pick their jaw up off the floor.

Kinda like a "sleeper" car....looks like a hunk of junk, but the engine is hopped up, drive train solid, and it'll blow the doors off that fancy show car any day of the week.

However, if you live your life trying to prove to the world how smart you are, you alienate people who might think you are arrogant. You also look like a fool each and every time you slip up and reveal that you aren't quite as smart as you've led people to believe you are.

You'll get much farther in life exceeding expectations than you will by not living up to them. However, it is a fine line you've got to walk. If you come across as too dumb, you'll never be given the chance to show what you know. That's where a lot of people go wrong....they come across as too dumb. You'll never fit that bored, stroked, supercharged big block under the hood of a "smart" car, and everybody knows it....

....but damn that'd be a wicked fast car if'n ya could! Engine would probably account for 90% of the car's weight...power to weight ratio would be tough to beat... :tease:

In agree with you. Always go in like a sleeper. When you're younger you go in guns a blazin and you take your lumps and you figure it out. At least some people do.

Cheers, Rob

They need you over there Ben.

Looks like he got just what he was asking for. Perhaps he should have been more specific?

I tend to take things literally, too. When in doubt, do exactly as you are told...nothing more, nothing less.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Don't want to flood the post with my "French" (I mean grammatic) but like to say all above seem to me important and actual.

For one thing I'm shure. You should try your best for the most deals you do.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012