Superliner I vs. Superliner II

The Superlinet 1 shared the same frame as the Cruiseliner .It had a bolted on front section and axle mounted steering box.These were built from'78 to '84 and the last couple of years were built in PA. The Superliner 2 had a one piece frame rail and traditional frame mounted sreering gear.These were built from'85 to '93 and shared the MH chassis.Steve

• Like 1

The Superlinet 1 shared the same frame as the Cruiseliner .It had a bolted on front section and axle mounted steering box.These were built from'78 to '84 and the last couple of years were built in PA. The Superliner 2 had a one piece frame rail and traditional frame mounted sreering gear.These were built from'85 to '93 and shared the MH chassis.Steve

The Superliner II frame was also used in the CL. 600's used a 1/4" frame. 700's used a 3/8" frame. This frame was built to accommodate the E9. That's why you see it in those three trucks and not others.

Hello!

When I was researching my model I also learned the aussie Superliner is neither I nor II - because all of them were built on R-model straight rail frame - I guess it is stronger! Hope it helps, have a nice day

Paweł

I was also just reading a article about them from "Overdrive mag" from '77. It said the cab interior used designs from Brockways too. The cab interior looks identical to a R-model to me unless i missed something?

The interior is basically the same .Just the trim is different.The Superliner 1 used door trim,,an overhead radio counsel,a different headliner,etc.The R used a tan interior,on a Superliner 1 it was painted black and the trim panels were available red,black,blue or tan. Steve

Superliner 1 was as above, plus round headlights, wood grain dash panels, 22" 3 spoke steering wheel, smaller air tanks mounted in tandem on L side. 2 had rectangle ( square) headlights, larger single air tank on L side, 2 spoke steering wheel of 22" late 80's and 18" in the 90's with higher level interior, black dash panels, different cooling stack arrgmt with different charge air piping which was updated and changed again in late 85 after less than a year production. I'm sure there is more but I'm tired maybe ill put em side by side and make pics one day that show the difference.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

The Superliner II frame was also used in the CL. 600's used a 1/4" frame. 700's used a 3/8" frame. This frame was built to accommodate the E9. That's why you see it in those three trucks and not others.

Does it mean Superliner I had no V8 option ???

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Thank you Mike.

I got confused about those frames. I know R's had V8's although they were RL/RS with straight front end ones.

Something new to me of ENDT-1005 - could I look anywhere for a bit of info?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Thank you Mike.

I got confused about those frames. I know R's had V8's although they were RL/RS with straight front end ones.

Something new to me of ENDT-1005 - could I look anywhere for a bit of info?

Very little info on this engine,it was the forerunner of the E9 and had a real short production.

When the Superliner II came out,they kept the 400 hp E9,raised the E9-440 to 450 hp,an added the E9-500.

• Like 1