Road call for a Tucker

Now that '59 Tucker is a neat looking machine! I've only been in New Hampshire a couple of times. We went north on 91 in Vermont, crossed into New Hampshire, went a little farther north to a job site. Hauled structural steel up there, not very far into N.H, it was just a little ways across the river from Vermont, but I can't remember the name of the place.That was in the '80's, I was driving a cabover KW.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Now that '59 Tucker is a neat looking machine! I've only been in New Hampshire a couple of times. We went north on 91 in Vermont, crossed into New Hampshire, went a little farther north to a job site. Hauled structural steel up there, not very far into N.H, it was just a little ways across the river from Vermont, but I can't remember the name of the place.That was in the '80's, I was driving a cabover KW.

Do you remember how far up 91? If you crossed over Rt. 89 than would would be north of White River Junction. The Tuckers were a head of their time, would go anywhere and used down the south pole.

Do you remember how far up 91? If you crossed over Rt. 89 than would would be north of White River Junction. The Tuckers were a head of their time, would go anywhere and used down the south pole.

I remember some had cabs similar to Dodge trucks (41-47), will go through deep powder no problem. All you can see is just the top of the cab.

FW

I stayed in a cabin in Gorham a few years ago, spent a week hiking Pinkham Notch and area...absolutely beautiful. If anyone gets a chance to hike to Arethusa Falls or Diana's Baths, they are spectacular. North Conway is a great little town, hopefully it's not getting too touristy.

I stayed in a cabin in Gorham a few years ago, spent a week hiking Pinkham Notch and area...absolutely beautiful. If anyone gets a chance to hike to Arethusa Falls or Diana's Baths, they are spectacular. North Conway is a great little town, hopefully it's not getting too touristy.

Bring your lunch when passing through Conway....A lot of tourist now which is good for the area and the old train station but hard traveling with a big truck. It is a very beautiful area all around Mt. Washingtonpost-426-0-88520700-1362412409_thumb.jpg

Whereabouts in Gorham was the cabin? We had a camp in Gorham when I was a kid. Nice town.

It was at the Grand View Lodge, actually in Randolph on Rt. 2.

Been past there many times. If you continued on into Gorham on Rt 2 just a bit beyond the bottom of the big hill there is a road on the left called Jimtown road. Our camp was off of Jimtown road.

Love mounain enviroment!

To see and drive with a bike :)

Was born and used to live in flat area.

Thank you for posting Tim.

Glad you like the pictures Vlad, I too like the mountains and Mt. Washington is 6822 Ft. with the worst weather in the worldpost-426-0-78762600-1362511896.jpgCan anyone tell what make and model this truck is? This picture was taken on top of Mt. Washington in Oct. of 1979. Here is the Summitpost-426-0-34872800-1362512737_thumb.jpgand one of our trucks on top of Mt. Washington

pavingpost-426-0-10380000-1362512687_thumb.jpg

Great scenery!

As about the truck, left fuel tank can tell us where it is from.

How does that happen???

On Mt. Washington the weather can change very quickly. The truck is covered in Rime ice which forms on mountain tops above the fog line(clouds). I won't say what the truck is yet. I'm sure some one will get it right.

Here is a picture on the summit with my brother on our trip in August 1970post-426-0-45575300-1362515662_thumb.jpg

• Like 1