New Gas Can Fix

farmer52

I read that Blitz...the company that made that can in the vid..... went BK because of these stupid regulations and people sueing them. There were from Miami Oklahoma and closed doors a short time ago. at the time they had something like 80% of the gas can maket and still could not compete in todays sue crazy world...

it was people pouring gas on lit fires and getting burned,then they would file lawsuits because they were a dumbass and blame the company for fire going into the can, jurys would feel sympatetic and award lots of money, the company (blitz) could no longer afford insurance and the legal fees thats why all the safety features on the can. same crap happened with lawn mowers ever notice that there is a sticker on it the deck that says dont stick your hand in it.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I was watching the last episode of "lets put our hard hats together"...aka hoffman crew on gold rush... saw 2 diffrent idiots pouring diesel right out of a can onto a huge bon fire . that was not the bad part. it looked like he was standing on piles of branches/logs and other stuff to fall into after he lites him self up . just trying to get the diesel a few more feet to the center of the fire.....And we wonder who the people are that sue.

I know diesel is harder to lite and fumes are not as dangerous as gas yada yada ....but for me I put the gas/diesel on before I light it, and keep the can far away from the fire.

I watched a show not that long ago about the company Blitz that made the cans.Lmackattack is right that they had close to 80% of all gas cans sales in the US,but they couldn't afford the insurance so that if some dumb Mother F#@%#$ poured gas on a buning fire and burnt themsleves they couldn't be sued.Well guess who brought out Blitz it was some overseas company that can't get sued.Only in America

Tsc and other farm stores have gas can "repair kits" with new spouts and vents, I "repaired" a couple of mine now they work a lot better. I'll get the name off a package and post it later I bought extras in case "the man" makes em illegal.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"