JD trail groomer

Here in snowmobile country land owners allow local snowmobile clubs to use their land to make trails that cover the north country and to go from state to state and into Canada. These clubs use groomers and pull drags to smooth the snow where needed. Everyone up here rely opon winter sports to help the local economy. I'll find a photo of a groomer and drag for you.

Thanks for the info,never heard of such a thing! of course not much in the way of winter sports in Jersey!......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

hell our small local club was still using the old elan with a pull behind groomer up until a few years ago. most of our trails are secondaries tho and not wide enough for the big guys

I think you meant Alpine-

It would take a whole team of Elan's to pull a trail groomer - LOL.

I just got done riding. Did like 50 miles.

Great! Boy, my old '67 & '68 Panthers required more wrench time than riding time in '77! I don't think I got more than 50 miles in a whole season on them things! Glad to hear you had fun there Umodel!

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

We drag stuff like that down here, with a farm tractor, its called a pasture groomer,,no wait,,, a shredder or brush hog. It mows all the weeds and briars and grass and lil trees (and occasionally a possum or clumsy farmer). Ifn you groom the pasture, you can chase hogs cross it a lil faster. The only moguls we got round here though are just the filthy rich bastards. randyp

• Like 1

We used to run a 67? 299 skidoo and a 68 Polaris Mustang wide track that Dad dropped a 440 into for fun. I still have the Polaris and thoughts of restoring it but I'm not sure I'll ever get to it. I should take some pictures of the old girl. I ran an old 540 Yamaha till it gave up the ghost on a lake in VT. I rode a 700ZR twin and a ZRT800 with a D&D set of pipes, clutches and jets. You can buy them with over 175 HP stock now I guess if you don't mind a small car payment, I sold it all a few years back and have traded in my time to work on the LS85 instead.

Good memories though.

We used to run a 67? 299 skidoo and a 68 Polaris Mustang wide track that Dad dropped a 440 into for fun. I still have the Polaris and thoughts of restoring it but I'm not sure I'll ever get to it. I should take some pictures of the old girl. I ran an old 540 Yamaha till it gave up the ghost on a lake in VT. I rode a 700ZR twin and a ZRT800 with a D&D set of pipes, clutches and jets. You can buy them with over 175 HP stock now I guess if you don't mind a small car payment, I sold it all a few years back and have traded in my time to work on the LS85 instead.

Good memories though.

Restoring old sleds has become quite popular and I see a lot of them around here. Have an old Sno Jet I would like to redo someday. The LS85 sounds like a great project.