Wobble in front

Cruiseliner

King pins and tire/ wheel loose and or out of balance

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Is this a spoke wheel truck? If so have you jacked it up and checked for runout?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Check toe in. My B model was like that. Got crazy stupid shake, found out it was toed out some(plus bad tie rod ends). New ends helped some, but didn't settle down til I rechecked toe in. Once I got 1/8" or so toe in, it smoothed out.

How did you check ends? I tried using my hands and thought they were good. Once I jacked with them with a pry bar I realized they were not good.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Checked the ends on the drag link?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yep sounds like toe out and or king pins, if its spoke wheels jack them up one side at a time and spin the tire with something next to it to see if its on crooked you may have to loosen two nuts across from the high spot and tighten the one that's out and try again, if they don't run true it will wobble. Of course if the toe is out or the king pins are bad running straight won't help.

If it's toed out, it will fight going at speed(wobble like hell) and wear the insides of the tire. Check run out of each tire. I got mine real good(about less then 1/8" wobble), then marked the worst spot. Rotated that to bottom on each side. Then I stretched tape measure across and checked toe in. That way you weren't measuring part of the "wobble" of the wheel. Basically setting them "in the middle", or splitting the difference. Mine runs real nice now at 60mph, where it used to shake you to death. Once you got above 65mph, it would smooth out again. Now it hardly moves the wheel.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

cruise liner mate is it the rh side wearing out more than the left??? if it is that is normal in oz its to do with the geometry of the front axle because of the camber on our roads ,you can rectify the problem by having the kpi changed ,that will fix the wear issue but it will be pig to hold steady on the road all i do is swap r to l and flip the tyres on the rims to try and get decent wear [i run 660 double coins 295 on the steer i get a good run out of them. i've tried top end tyres, down to budget tyres and i've found d/c's work well. hope that can help you. steve