Found this one truck hunting today!

Too much for unrestored tractor.

Too much for a dumper with rotted through body.

Looks solid in general.

Maybe too much,but not by as much as I first thought.Take a look around what most people want at least 5-6K for.Trucks with rusted/cracked frames,cabs that are beat to hell and rusty also.This truck has a perfect frame,and near perfect sheet metal(chrome shell).New water pump/radiator flush,hoses ect...Runs,drives and stops well.Good rubber,power steering.

That is a sweet looking truck,reminds me of the ones we had.Didn't go very fast but you always got to where you going.It sounds like alot of money for a truck that you aren't going to work it,and after you get done making it into a show truck you will have well over $20,000 into to it,and when was the last time you saw a b61 go for that kind of money.I'm not saying that this truck is not worth the $11,000 maybe all of the other trucks that are out there for $5,000-$6,000 are only worth say 1,000-2,000. You have to keep in mind that we are restoring these truck not for profit but out of the love we have for these trucks.If I go and take my b87 down to the bare frame and make it like new,I can't even begin to think of what that would cost to have someone else do the work,it would be in the range of $80,000-$100,000 to do the truck.Keep in mind that my truck was road worthly.Just my 2 cent worth.Mike Durkin

looks exactly identical to the B61 my cousin and i took apart to make our two truck. he took cab and sheetmetal and i took motor and front axle. tripple frame was shot . rears were heavy 55's or 58's that i sold. so nothin went to waste. even same paint scheme and it came from CT. maybe same company? guy who owned it was meticulous. new doors, mirror brackets, rebuilt engines and trannys and rears, tires, whatever they needed. he ran B models into the late 80's early 90's and just kept fixin them til he couldnt anymore. the frames were junk. that truck might not be worth 11 but its damn close. a good cab can go for 2500-5000, rears another 500-2000, a double over quad in rebuilt condition a grand to 1800, power steering adds another 1500. chrome shell is a grand, decent fenders can go for 500-800. interior, tires, i bet your close to 10 grand. you could put a box on that thing, check the tires and brakes and run her. might be slow with no turbo but def useable.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe too much,but not by as much as I first thought.Take a look around what most people want at least 5-6K for.Trucks with rusted/cracked frames,cabs that are beat to hell and rusty also.This truck has a perfect frame,and near perfect sheet metal(chrome shell).New water pump/radiator flush,hoses ect...Runs,drives and stops well.Good rubber,power steering.

Interesting note to me.

I see some trucks for sale from time to time but they're on pics.

Shure a half of them look upclose as a disaster.

But don't know the real figure to start from if I'd like to make a nice restored unit.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012