Parts replaced today

Worked on the heater today...fan only runs on high, air switch leaking, can't control heat etc...went all in and got a new heater module, a couple of pistons and the fan resistor...when I was finished, of course, had to do a shakedown run...about 60 miles!

post-6773-0-23543600-1358644578_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I got a question about the controls on the r model for heat and ac. When everything is off it makes a faint hissing air noise the whole time, the only way i can get it to be quiet is to shut everything off but have it on defrost mode but then the hood scoop pops up and has to stay up. when i use the heat controls for vent and heat i get the hissing noise that is faint. When i use a/c though the sound is gone. What part can cause this?

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I got a question about the controls on the r model for heat and ac. When everything is off it makes a faint hissing air noise the whole time, the only way i can get it to be quiet is to shut everything off but have it on defrost mode but then the hood scoop pops up and has to stay up. when i use the heat controls for vent and heat i get the hissing noise that is faint. When i use a/c though the sound is gone. What part can cause this?

We had/have the same problem, your gonna need a new control panel for about $150 and probably the little air cylinder

Matt

haha Larry my B model has the same problem. when i put it back together i put the big heater in it and took out the little one. when my buddy and i drove it from Ny to Somerset Pa it was averaging 15-20 degrees out. heater on high and your sweating, on low, your freezing. especially when its 2 am and your leanin against the pass window tryin to catch a few hours of sleep and the door seals are drafty. i cant imagin drivin one every day back in the day but i guess its what they had to do. and mine has a thermostat. my grandfather told me their original B61 was a 1960 and didnt have the thermostat housing. said unless you kept it wound up around 2 grand you never had heat in the winter. also said they had to put an old school alcohol vaporizer on it cause it never had trailer brakes in the winter. told me more than one story of cruisin thru the tollbooth on the New York thruway with that old B61 and not being able to stop. haha. just wave to the collecter and pass thru then have to walk back haha.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

My truck leaks air when its not in the off position, and I cannot get air to blow out of my defrost when selected, however the Compressor does come on. If I change the "Mulit Position Air Switch" will my defrosters work? I do snow removal with this truck and it sucks to have no defrost!

My truck leaks air when its not in the off position, and I cannot get air to blow out of my defrost when selected, however the Compressor does come on. If I change the "Mulit Position Air Switch" will my defrosters work? I do snow removal with this truck and it sucks to have no defrost!

Check to make sure you have air going to the cylinder and if you don't its probably the "Mulit Position Air Switch" and if you do it is probably the mini air cylinder

Matt