Music

other dog

OK, I know this isn't the recipe corner or music discussion forum,but I was just looking at Aussie Floyd on You Tube.That's an Australian Pink Floyd tribute band,and very good I must say. I'm 51 years old, married most of it,been driving a truck for 29 years come January,and Pink Floyd is my Favorite band. Got to see them live in Raleigh,N.C. in the early '90s-I've seen the Eagles, Jimmy Buffet,Lynard Skynard,Dan Fogelburg (former girlfriends idol,that's the only reason ),ZZ Top several times,and many others-but Pink Floyd put on a truly awesome show,far and away the best concert i've ever seen. So my girl friend and I got into this discussion-well,most drivers my age are into Country and Bluegrass,and I like some country music,but mostly like the Floyd,ZZ Top,George Thorogood, etc. and I always listen to classic rock on my XM when I listen to music. I've completely worn out a couple of "Dark Side of the Moon " tapes...so the question is-am I an aardvark or not?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I am relatively young (30), not that has anyhting to do with it; I listen to about anything. Classic rock, country pop, you name it. Can't stomach rap though! During the school day when students are in the shop, we listen to classic rock, because that is the only station that we recieve in our all concrete, metal building. That classic rock station plays all the stuff you like, and suprisingly still meets approval from alot of the teens.

Dave

OK, I know this isn't the recipe corner or music discussion forum,but I was just looking at Aussie Floyd on You Tube.That's an Australian Pink Floyd tribute band,and very good I must say. I'm 51 years old, married most of it,been driving a truck for 29 years come January,and Pink Floyd is my Favorite band. Got to see them live in Raleigh,N.C. in the early '90s-I've seen the Eagles, Jimmy Buffet,Lynard Skynard,Dan Fogelburg (former girlfriends idol,that's the only reason ),ZZ Top several times,and many others-but Pink Floyd put on a truly awesome show,far and away the best concert i've ever seen. So my girl friend and I got into this discussion-well,most drivers my age are into Country and Bluegrass,and I like some country music,but mostly like the Floyd,ZZ Top,George Thorogood, etc. and I always listen to classic rock on my XM when I listen to music. I've completely worn out a couple of "Dark Side of the Moon " tapes...so the question is-am I an aardvark or not?

I'm the same age as you, and I'm still into that type of music too.

My wife says "WTF is the matter with you listening to that sh*t at your age"?

I tell her "If you don't like it, get some earplugs".

Here are a couple Pink Floyd links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v240bYbbrM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enwnt7-j90k

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

im 28 but have the same tast in music as most "older" (i use that term lightly!) folks. Floyd,Stones, the who, led zepplin, good steady beats for pulling them hills. I also like some of the later classic rock in the likes of ACDC,the police,sabbath,kis etc.. I was a 90s genaration kid so alternitive or grunge as some call it was popular. Alice in chains,Stone temple pilots,Metallica,Tom petty as long as its Rock, good blues, jazz and it holds a good rythem I can listen to it. I dislike rap and pop as its a joke to me. Theres no tallent involved to dub inyour voice behind an electric background drums guitar and bass. The "bling bling" rappers are the worst. how did we let that happen?

trent

im 28 but have the same tast in music as most "older" (i use that term lightly!) folks. Floyd,Stones, the who, led zepplin, good steady beats for pulling them hills. I also like some of the later classic rock in the likes of ACDC,the police,sabbath,kis etc.. I was a 90s genaration kid so alternitive or grunge as some call it was popular. Alice in chains,Stone temple pilots,Metallica,Tom petty as long as its Rock, good blues, jazz and it holds a good rythem I can listen to it. I dislike rap and pop as its a joke to me. Theres no tallent involved to dub inyour voice behind an electric background drums guitar and bass. The "bling bling" rappers are the worst. how did we let that happen?

trent

What, No Culture Club, or KC and the Sunshine Band fans here??????? And who could ever forget the "mesmerizing" sounds of the BeeGees? Simply amazing to me how many "Faggot Bands" there were out there that sold what passed for music at the time.

Me, I have in my limited audio collection; Made in Japan, Deep Purple, Kiss, Alive, UFO, Strangers in the Night, Peter Frampton, Frampton Comes Alive, and of course, Bostons' first album. I just about forgot Alice Cooper, Greatest Hits. My wife says I have selective hearing. Funny thing is that she is the only thing I don't hear too good!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I'm the same age as you, and I'm still into that type of music too.

My wife says "WTF is the matter with you listening to that sh*t at your age"?

I tell her "If you don't like it, get some earplugs".

Here are a couple Pink Floyd links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v240bYbbrM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enwnt7-j90k

Whew! And I got up this morning wondering why I even put this question out there. I have the Delicate Sound of Thunder video along with

Pulse and Live at Pompei. I saw the Pulse tour at Raleigh.

trent

I don't know,but I agree totally

IM 32 & Listen to Country , Rock, bluegrass & blues (esp the MS Delta blues like BB King , Rl burnside for example since the delta is only bout 20 miles south of Memphis & 50 miles south of me )

Lotta outlaw style country

Pink Floyd , Aerosmith classic rock in general

newer style rock (like nickelback)

Metal (i e mettalica a/c dc etc)

Not much on rap

later

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I listen to just about anything...but I don't like ghetto, gangsta rap crap! I was a DJ for 10 years before i got into the parts business...so I'm kinda impartial to most types music...LOL

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

• 3 weeks later...

Well im 17 and i also live 20 minutes from nyc so you would think i would listen to rap but i cant stand it. Most of my music is classic country and bluegrass. Some classic rock and metal. My favorites are hank sr and jr. Johnny cash is a good one, anything old really. For rock i like acdc, ozzy, dio, pink floyd, pretty much everything named above me. When ever i hear somebody with the rap music up loud i always put on a good country cd and turn it up real loud. lol

I listen to mostly metal but also classic Rock and rock in general. Rap isnt music PERIOD. As for radio stations here in NYC its Q104.3 and Seaton Hall's Pirate Radio on 89.5. 92.3 K rock is crap. Just about every time I turn it on, I swear the chili peppers are playing and I cant stand them. Q104.3 has a real good DJ on Sunday, forget his name. He always has a rockin show. New York University's 89.1 has a Friday night death/black metal show called the Hell Hole.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

:SMOKIE-LFT:

I'm 52,and I know this is all over the map,but the music I listen to the most is Steppenwolf,Deep Purple,Lovin' Spoonful,Jeff Beck,Jackson Browne,George Thorogood,early Alice Cooper,early Cat Stevens,Bachman Turner Overdrive and 38 Special. I worked in Security for BTO and 38 Special's concerts during the Elko Motorcycle Jamboree. Best seats in the house! I don't know what to do with this new crap they call music-I have a hard time saying rap and music in the same sentence,since they have nothing to do with each other. (I'm sure my parents said the same thing about the music I liked.) I have found that BTO and Thorogood are particularly conductive to driving

Rock On!

Speed :SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>