3 stick shifting?

jakebrake86

Too bad he doesn't have a free hand to turn the Jake off and the wipers on.

Is it necessary to move the stick into neutral whens splitting? He does that here ( assuming the stick on the left is the splitter, middle stick is the shift lever, and right stick is hi/lo.) I have not driven a late model 13 speed but the instruction plate on the old ones stated that the driver only needed to back off the throttle. The other video is with the stock setup and he does it there also.

Jim

Pussy! thats not a REAL trans. thats a 13 speed with a 2 stick conversion from 4 States trucks in Joplin,MO looks like he has all the prerequisite bullshit for the "butchie-big rigger" dash,forklift spinner,skull heads,genuine accessory fully illuminated chromium plated shift knobs,ghetto sunvisor..................next time try a MAN'S trans. Duplex,Triplex,Quadruplex,even a 5X4,4X4,etc.........................................Mark

Looks like he took something very simple, and made it verrrryyy complicated????

• Like 1

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

Is it necessary to move the stick into whens splitting? He does that here ( assuming the stick on the left is the splitter, middle stick is the shift lever, and right stick is hi/lo.) I have not driven a late model 13 speed but the instruction plate on the old ones stated that the driver only needed to back off the throttle. The other video is with the stock setup and he does it there also.

I sometimes shift the super 10 in my truck like that...just flip the button pop it out if gear then right back in, kinda makes a faster shift. If you have a Jake though you wouldnt really need to di all of that......hes just trying to be Billy Big Rigger...lol

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

There ain't nothing I like better than a set of sticks,but that looks to me like it would get annoying damn fast.I bet that guy couldn't drive a real set to save his ass.

I got annoyed just trying to watch billie big rigger doing all of that nonsense.

• Like 1

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

Is it necessary to move the stick into neutral whens splitting? He does that here ( assuming the stick on the left is the splitter, middle stick is the shift lever, and right stick is hi/lo.) I have not driven a late model 13 speed but the instruction plate on the old ones stated that the driver only needed to back off the throttle. The other video is with the stock setup and he does it there also.

I have found on the 18 sometimes it works alittle better taking it out of gear. Usually just flipp the switch and back off and get back on the throttle. I like the set up. Didn't know they had the set up to put handles on the air shift. Would like to put the low high on the dash like the rear selector is and just have the splitter and the main coming thru the floor. Only reason is was told by you guys along time ago to much motor for a actual 2 stick and this would be the next best solution for the look. Or leave the hi/lo on the shifter and move the splitter to another shifter. That turbo would get annoying all day wonder what kind of power he is putting down. Sounds good though

I have found on the 18 sometimes it works alittle better taking it out of gear. Usually just flipp the switch and back off and get back on the throttle. I like the set up. Didn't know they had the set up to put handles on the air shift. Would like to put the low high on the dash like the rear selector is and just have the splitter and the main coming thru the floor. Only reason is was told by you guys along time ago to much motor for a actual 2 stick and this would be the next best solution for the look. Or leave the hi/lo on the shifter and move the splitter to another shifter. That turbo would get annoying all day wonder what kind of power he is putting down. Sounds good though

There's a guy on Hank's site that drives a Pete with a 13 or 18 speed. He took out the stock shifter and mounted 2 old style range buttons on the lever and topped it off with a classic shift knob. He said no one would drive his truck because it was now too confusing. :)

Jim

There's a guy on Hank's site that drives a Pete with a 13 or 18 speed. He took out the stock shifter and mounted 2 old style range buttons on the lever and topped it off with a classic shift knob. He said no one would drive his truck because it was now too confusing. :)

That would be interesting to see....

attachicon.gif101-0154_IMG.JPGNow here.... is the "real deal"!! As my son would say.......if a real truck has 2 sticks then what do you call one with 3?.......a whole other story.

That is very interesting to see....I have never personally drove a truck with 2 sticks so i dont have much room to talk, but damn 3 would probably have me all fluster cucked

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

That would be interesting to see....

That is very interesting to see....I have never personally drove a truck with 2 sticks so i dont have much room to talk, but damn 3 would probably have me all fluster cucked

I found the thread, but the pics have been deleted. Here are the driver's comments:

"The one at the top is the range splitter (bottom box to top box), the one at the bottom is the gear splitter (direct and over) and it's reversed, when it's up, it's in direct, haha. I mainly enjoy it because the other drivers don't know how to drive it, so they leave it alone. wink.gif"

Jim

Personally,i always liked the "feel" of the old style 13 speed knob better than the "new and improved" modern version.......................................Mark

I'd like to be able to adapt on of those old style knobs on my super 10.....give it the old retro look...Yea with 2 splitters it would keep alot of people from driving you truck...lol

That's like most of the ones I drove when I drove cabovers. Here's an old polaroid of the interior of a '74 Transtar with a VT903. This was a RT9513 ,13 spd.direct.

Some 13 spds had the same type knob but it had 3 positions on it- lo, direct, and hi. They didn't have the separate range selector valve as shown, you just went through the bottom 5 in low, moved the button to the middle position "direct" for your range shift, then split the top 4 direct/overdrive normally.

I've driven both types in the same year truck, and both were Transtars.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.