Forgotten Mack Parts

I miss complete reman engines! Now all we can order are basic engines or short blocks...

Also Glider Kits are just about a thing of the past!

I saw a row of Glider Kits when I was in Macungie last week. I'm sure you can order a Glider this year without any trouble. I also saw some Granite and R cabs in crates.

I do not know if this is a non existent part or not, but I remember Carrey Transit had a whole slug of day cab R models at Chicago Mack in the early 90's. I think they were 87- 88 year models. Most of them had big passenger seats. The passenger seat came almost all the way to the driver's seat. Of course the truck my Dad bought was one with out a passenger seat. I would really like one now for the ocasional nap, and so I can take both of my sons along once in awhile. Thanks, Brad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I saw a row of Glider Kits when I was in Macungie last week. I'm sure you can order a Glider this year without any trouble. I also saw some Granite and R cabs in crates.

We got a CX glider kit in for one of our customers at the beginning of December. We have had no trouble whatsoever ordering them.

What are some cool or diffrent mack parts that you liked back in the day but cant buy from dealers anymore. sorry B and R models dont count as Parts :blink:

i liked the old logo red/green/white mudflaps.

The Quadruplex transmission.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"