Heading to Houghton, MI Thursday Morning!

tkobes43

Well fellas I'm leaving to get my new trailer this thursday the 29th! Its about 19 hours there and 19 hours back. Just got my Rand Mcnally in the mail a few days ago. Should be a nice trip. Bringing my buddy along for the trip. What do you guys recommend i bring on the trip? Tools?? They are getting snow almost everyday this week, granted its not much, less then a inch, but I've heard a nasty storm can brew really fast up there. Let me know guys! Wish me luck!!!

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

I usually pack: tool set (sockets, wrenches, etc.)(both english and metric), cordless 1/2" power wrench, 1/2" driver with bits, coolant, oil, spare filters (oil and fuel), air hose that connects to glad hand, coveralls, gloves, windshield washer fluid, fuel additive, general purpose cleaner, paper towels, and water/snack bars just in case you get stranded. Some TP and wet towels aren't a bad idea either. Do you have a spare tire for your trailer, if so, take it too.

Good luck and drive safe.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I usually pack: tool set (sockets, wrenches, etc.)(both english and metric), cordless 1/2" power wrench, 1/2" driver with bits, coolant, oil, spare filters (oil and fuel), air hose that connects to glad hand, coveralls, gloves, windshield washer fluid, fuel additive, general purpose cleaner, paper towels, and water/snack bars just in case you get stranded. Some TP and wet towels aren't a bad idea either. Do you have a spare tire for your trailer, if so, take it too.

Good luck and drive safe.

wow! Never even thought to bring half of the stuff you mentioned! Thanks a lot!!!!

Tom

I carry all the above, plus extra clothes, gloves, chains, binders, blowup doll, beveled wood, coil racks, ratchet straps, 8' oak 4x4's, rubber mats, drinking water, tarps, rubber straps, oversize load signs, food, corner protectors, and most important of all, a cell phone and a credit card. You should be set with all that!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

GOOD LUCK TOMMY, I WILL BE OUT THAT WAY THIS WEEK ON A BUSINESS TRIP MYSELF, ALWAYS TAKE SOMEONE WITH ME AT MY AGE, LOL. ALL I CAN ADD IS TO HAVE A LITTLE NOTEBOOK WITH ALL YOU'RE IMPORTANT NUMBERS, CELL AND LAND LINES, PLUS YOYU'RE PHONE CHARGER, ............... AGAIN, GOOD LUCK.....PAUL

RONCETTI

I carry all the above, plus extra clothes, gloves, chains, binders, blowup doll, beveled wood, coil racks, ratchet straps, 8' oak 4x4's, rubber mats, drinking water, tarps, rubber straps, oversize load signs, food, corner protectors, and most important of all, a cell phone and a credit card. You should be set with all that!

Hmmm, no wonder you don't have time to pickup female hitchhikers! :whistling:

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

GOOD LUCK TOMMY, I WILL BE OUT THAT WAY THIS WEEK ON A BUSINESS TRIP MYSELF, ALWAYS TAKE SOMEONE WITH ME AT MY AGE, LOL. ALL I CAN ADD IS TO HAVE A LITTLE NOTEBOOK WITH ALL YOU'RE IMPORTANT NUMBERS, CELL AND LAND LINES, PLUS YOYU'RE PHONE CHARGER, ............... AGAIN, GOOD LUCK.....PAUL

Good idea Paul, Thanks!!! Maybe ill see you out on the road!

Tom

• Like 1

Why would OD need chains and gloves for a blowup doll?

LMAO

mike

Well fellas Today is the day!!! Im up, its about 3:20 am to be exact. Getting a few more items together and we shall be on our way. Trucks already warming up outside!!! I will be sure to get lots of pictures paul!!! And Jamie yes! I finally got my cdl!!!!!!

Ill keep updating you guys on my progress and hopefully a few pictures on my way!

Cya,

Tom