New Granite Tri Axle Dump

:SMOKIE-RT: Last thursday we got a new Granite tri axle dump at work. I got to be the lucky candidate to test it out friday and saturday. I give it an A+ rating. All of us that drove it this week love it. It's got an MP8 with an 18spd fuller, got lots of get up and go empty or loaded. 20ft Bibeau dump box and a steer lift axle, plus it's on a hendrickson air ride on the rear so it rides better than most cars. It makes the Mexican International (CAT) tri axles we got in the summer look like the junk that they are. The CAT trucks are in the shop as much as they work. They ride really rough and every thing inside squeeks and rattles. The Cat trucks don't seem to be selling well around here we have the only 2 in the windsor area. I think that the Cats will be one of those short lived truck brands. Kinda like Harley Davidson selling snowmobiles back in the AMF days. One of our drivers that normally drives one of th Cat s drove the Granite yesterday, he didn't want to go back to the Cat today He was telling the boss the Cat needs to be in the scrapyard on the 2 way so I jumped at the opportunity to put my 2 cents in by telling them once you go Mack you never go back. everyone got a good laugh out of that one. But it's the truth isn't it?
  • Like 1

Kim Kardashian would agree.

Oh wait, you said MACK....sorry

The only problem with air ride is the lean factor

Other than that, does make for a comfortable ride

I agree on the air ride, it is nice on the back but its not too geat off road or under a dump with the bed in the air, 44k Mack Camelback all the way for a dump truck I think its probably the best suspension ever made for the job. I tried to spread some rock with an air ride dump truck once, Im still scared of freightliner dump trucks years later.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Just read the article today saying the production of the CAT trucks will be moved from the closing Garland, TX plant to International's plant in Mexico. They will also recieve Cummins SCR systems. There was no comment as to whether the Cummins ISX will be offered, or what the "15 liter" solution will be since the production of the MaxxForce 15...err CT15 has been cancelled.

Glad to hear you guys love the new Mack!!

Granites are still not making a dent in CT with the big excavation companies. mostly paccars. Maybee after the pacraps fall apart. They are making some inroads with the onesy twosy

companies. :SMOKIE-RT:

Lots of drivers prefer the T800/W900 to a Mack because the last Mack they drove was an R cab or an early ASET engine Granite the r's dont have any room and the early Aset engines dont have any power, I am willing to bet you get someone in a new Granite with and MP8 and they would change their mind. I have a fried that just bought an 05 Granite from a construction company up near Knoxville, the guy was selling it because his drivers wanted T800's nobody wanted to drive the Granite, he was going to buy a couple new ones and he just went back with KW because he already had them and thats what his drivers said they wanted. He also said the 46,000 rears in the KW's had all broken axles or had bearing failures and not one of the 44,000 Macks he had had ever had an issue but hey what are ya gonna do.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I think my MH has more leg room than a KW T800. I was not impressed with the KW T800 I drove.

Im not a big fan of the T800's either but its just not where I came from in trucks, I am not a real big fan of any of the newer KW's with the angled floor, the pedals are too upright for my long legs with that steep angle on the floor and the angle on the pedal. Now Ill take a W900A model ext. hood any day especially with a KT engine or a 3408! KT600 would be my preference.