there not all easy runs

mack mhe9

well this trip got me, nice r at a steelplant in OH, then picked up a nice fire truck then on the way to get a superliner, well when backing up with one back wheel stuck and no brakes i thought it would be a good idea to back off the rams "dummass" 2hrs later and 350.00 for a tow truck i was on the way, evry now and then it bites you,

post-2708-0-98456800-1353023171_thumb.jp

post-2708-0-57449900-1353023194_thumb.jp

post-2708-0-05544500-1353023219_thumb.jp

Thats never fun when that happens. I had one of those days two years ago with our shops two car trailer. I got the rear car off no problem but when I was backing a 1964 Impala off, I thought I was further to the left then I really was and the rear tire as it got to the ramp fell off and of course the car was laying on the frame rail on the deck. The ramp kicked to the side (tire was about 1" on the edge) which caused it to drop. It took me an hour of jacking, cursing, etc to get it back on the trailer again. This was in front of the Wildwood Convention Center, which is on the boardwalk, where they were having a classic car show and auction. Lots of car guys and other dealers were there watching and I gave them entertainment for the day. I kept my cool (after dropping a few F-bombs) and took care of my mistake, then parked the truck... and made myself scarse for a few hours as I walked the Wildwood boardwalk, got a slice of pizza and cooled off.

Man I was pissed!

As soon as I saw that Superliner I knew the truck, and knew where you were. It was for sale way longer than a year. The gentlemen used a sales technique that I have seen a few times. It started out at $8500, then 7500, 6500, and all the way to $5500. This is we're I kick myself, because then it dropped off the Internet for awhile and when it showed back up it was back in the game at $9500.00. You were only maybe 20 some odd miles from our shop. -Brad

I feel bad missing the $10500 go around. Did the E-9 run? I had heard thru the grapevine that it had issues. -Brad

it ran but like you said,had known issues,ended up being a spun rod bearing.We've got the old motor out,just waiting to get the replacement pulled out of a wrecked MH I bought in Des Moines.

some days you win break even and some days you are better to just stay in bed! :)

Nobody knows the days you need to stay in bed.

Because of this you try every one winning some of.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Nobody knows the days you need to stay in bed.

Because of this you try every one winning some of.

Vlad - you are correct. The only way you know if it was good or bad is at the end of the day. Either way you try again tomorrow.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

yes the same man, he said his e9 made 925hp ??

Been a long time,I don't remember if he mentioned any hp numbers,just said it was a good puller before it went down.It was chromed up nice under the hood.I never got any pics before they pulled the engine.This is the kid's project(the old man don't know nothing,ya know)he kinda got in a big ass hurry to pull the old engine,then they had to get it out of his buddy's shop before the replacement was ready and haven't been able to get it back in.