Dog, and other small parts, Needed

doubleclutchinweasel

Okay!

I promised myself I wouldn't "waste" money on cosmetic parts this early on. But, I need to fix a couple of things which are driving me CRAZY (I know...short trip).

I need a dog for the front of my R600. I need the WHOLE dog, with base. This is the "old", flat-hood type (R, DM, U). Mine was stolen long ago. I don't want to spring for a new set just yet. I'll do that when I do the cab and hood work. I just need a usable one for now.

Same deal for the "K" on the front. Mine is missing. This is, again, the "old" type, which are much smaller letters than the later stuff.

Finally, I could use the Mack scripts off the sides of the hood (both sides).

Dog, "K", and "Mack" scripts...in that order. Reasonably priced.

Don't need "new" quality...just decent stuff (for now). I'll buy all brand-new parts as needed when I get to the body work.

I just can't stand looking at that missing dog, or that "MAC" on the front any longer! (see my logo)

What's anybody got???

Kent

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

at any given time there are 20 + Bulldogs with R model bases on Ebay,just search "Mack bulldog ornament" , usually a Mack script or 2 on there as well.I'll see if I can find you a small K,I've got several sets, and I'm sure I have some extra individual letters.

Cool. Let me know what you find.

I was just looking on eBay and CraigsList for some of the other stuff. Also thought I might want to check the "For Sale" stuff here (Duh!).

Thanks,

Kent

at any given time there are 20 + Bulldogs with R model bases on Ebay,just search "Mack bulldog ornament" , usually a Mack script or 2 on there as well.I'll see if I can find you a small K,I've got several sets, and I'm sure I have some extra individual letters.

Ever find out if you had any letters or other bits and pieces?

Kent

• 2 weeks later...

Okay!

I promised myself I wouldn't "waste" money on cosmetic parts this early on. But, I need to fix a couple of things which are driving me CRAZY (I know...short trip).

I need a dog for the front of my R600. I need the WHOLE dog, with base. This is the "old", flat-hood type (R, DM, U). Mine was stolen long ago. I don't want to spring for a new set just yet. I'll do that when I do the cab and hood work. I just need a usable one for now.

Same deal for the "K" on the front. Mine is missing. This is, again, the "old" type, which are much smaller letters than the later stuff.

Finally, I could use the Mack scripts off the sides of the hood (both sides).

Dog, "K", and "Mack" scripts...in that order. Reasonably priced.

Don't need "new" quality...just decent stuff (for now). I'll buy all brand-new parts as needed when I get to the body work.

I just can't stand looking at that missing dog, or that "MAC" on the front any longer! (see my logo)

What's anybody got???

Kent

I had a R611T, I have the new dog and base, script for both sides, I believe the set of letter for the front,1/2 dogs and a set of air horns for that year, they are hooked together, one maybe shorter then the other, can't remember,chrome, all the stuff is Mack and new if you ever get around to buying the finish product. I also have a nice hood, same era. 65 to 71 or so, good shape. I would like to see the hood go before snow.Let me know when the day comes, I'll go dig in the shed.

I had a R611T, I have the new dog and base, script for both sides, I believe the set of letter for the front,1/2 dogs and a set of air horns for that year, they are hooked together, one maybe shorter then the other, can't remember,chrome, all the stuff is Mack and new if you ever get around to buying the finish product. I also have a nice hood, same era. 65 to 71 or so, good shape. I would like to see the hood go before snow.Let me know when the day comes, I'll go dig in the shed.

So, you wanna part with any of it? Prices?

Well, the dog and base may have evaporated. Had one of my friends who's an eBay regular bid on one for me. Got it for a reasonable price. Estimated delivery was yesterday. No dog today. EBay has no tracking data for it yet. No response from seller yet, either.

Not sure if he's off doing the Thanksgiving thing, didn't like the price he got (HE set the reserve, not me), or what.

Will give it another day or two, then get pissed-off.

This is just one of the reasons I hate dealing with eBay. While most sellers are very responsive, some just plain suck.

I can't believe nobody on here has any parts I could buy!

Kent

Got the dog and base today. Looks practically new. Will definitely be the shiniest thing on the old truck!

On the underside of the hood, where the dog attachment bolts pass through, there is a metal re-inforcement "strap" to protect the fiberglass. There obviously used to be another "backing plate" of some kind on top of that, as there is a distinctive imprint in the paint. The imprint appears to be about the same 4-1/4" diameter as the base under the dog.

Does anybody have one (R, U, DM) sitting in their yard and can tell me what this missing plate looked like? Is it just a flat plate? If so, what thickness. Or, is it some sort of stamped shape?

Thanks, everybody!

Kent

Yea, round flat piece of metal. Tomarrow, if I remember I'll try to look for it and get a picture of it for you.

That's what I hoped it was.

I found some round "washers" off of something (shipping brackets off a washing machine, I think) in the garage. They were about 1/8" or 5/32" thick. Seemed to work prety well.

Dog is sitting happily on the hood now. Superdog is going to send me a "K" for the front of the hood.

Starting to look like a Mack...and the hood is a HECK of a lot easier to open!

Kent

Sweet!!! We need pictures of the whole truck Kent!!!!

But, but. but, the dog is the shiniest thing on the truck!

Superdog is selling me a "K". So, maybe I will have a "MACK", instead of a "MAC", in a few days!

Had to make new gaskets for the thermostat and thermostat housing Friday. The silly thing had sprung a leak! Got them cut out and put in, though. And, I got the numbers off the thermostat, so I can find the right one whenever I need to. I hate having to do "repair" work along with the "restoration" work. Such is life...

Kent

• 2 weeks later...