Pictures

other dog

I stopped at the Hawk's Nest overlook and took a few snapshots Sunday. Been by there many times on a clear sunny day and didn't stop, it was cold and raining Sunday.

Here's one looking this way-

...and one looking that way.

One of the coin operated binoculars.

Some trucks at the fuel island in Hubbard,Oh.

Good looking Superliner at Hubbard. I was gonna take a good picture of it,but he left too quick.

Saw this on rt. 2,just north of I-77.

I loaded in Sharon Monday and instead of coming back down 79 like I usually do I went down 11 to 7 to 2 to 77 to bypass the storm. Didn't go across 60 this time, I stuck to the turnpike. From the time I got on at Charleston the overhead electronical signs said "blizzard warning, Monday evening through Wednesday,Beckley-Princeton area". It was around 40 degrees and raining in Charleston and the further south I went the temperature steadily dropped.

About half way to Beckley you could see snow mixed in the rain, a little north of Oak Hill it was all snow and 31 degrees. I got on 64 east and it was the usual deal- 2 tracks in the right lane. They were salting Sandstone mountain so I eased on down, ran out of the snow near the bottom, then back in it coming up the other side. The road was covered over to Lewisburg, but I didn't have any problems. I had 2 pretty good size coils on, a little over 47,000 lbs.

I didn't have any interest in going back north Tuesday, but they had a load at N.B.Handy, where I delivered the coils, going to Columbia,S.C.

Hard load to tarp because of the oddball size, mainly the 2 pallets that were taller than everything else. Had to put the big lumber tarp on the front to cover everything.

Unloading in Columbia.

Saw elephants, hippos, big chickens, on the way to Mt. Gilead,N.C. I was actually trying to get a picture of the giraffe-you can just see it's head over the mirror.

Peach trees...many peach trees,McBee,S.C.

Alligator water tower. I think they have alligators in the peach orchard so nobody will steal the peaches, and 'gators need plenty of water...at least that's my theory.

Huge load of lumber I picked up in Mt. Gilead. It wanted to slip and slide in the center of the packs, so I stopped and poured three 2 liter Mountain Dews on it.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Nice pics but disappointed there are no "seat cover" shots. :whistling: Of course it is cold up north.

I didn't even see any this week, so here's a girl in a car picture from the interweb machine that I found when I was searching for those U-model pictures...accidently of course.

post-1374-0-57889300-1351814270_thumb.jp

Nice shots. I like Beckley WV. I used to go white water rafting down the New River and we stayed in Beckley for years. Nice country down there. My sister used to live in Columbia SC.

Oh and did you get the SN# on that seat cover?

Nice shots. I like Beckley WV. I used to go white water rafting down the New River and we stayed in Beckley for years. Nice country down there. My sister used to live in Columbia SC.

Oh and did you get the SN# on that seat cover?

yes,

https://www.facebook...rls.and.Cars.eu

I saw this girl hitchhiking, but I didn't have time to stop. :whistling:

post-1374-0-46081100-1351867694_thumb.jp

Then later I saw this girl hitchhiking, but I didn't have time to stop :rolleyes:

post-1374-0-23498000-1351867965_thumb.jp

• Like 1

yes,

https://www.facebook...rls.and.Cars.eu

I saw this girl hitchhiking, but I didn't have time to stop. :whistling:

post-1374-0-46081100-1351867694_thumb.jp

Then later I saw this girl hitchhiking, but I didn't have time to stop :rolleyes:

post-1374-0-23498000-1351867965_thumb.jp

Personally,i think i'da MADE time to stop for that first one!.....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

One hand on his pepper and both feet on the brake pedal.

Yea and what you said is no BS. LOL

I now have to tell a true story of myself and will have to cut it short. When I drove for a local printing company. One night I had dropped off my load of paper rolls and was headed back to the warehouse when a Ford Pinto decided to pull over in front of my truck to race me to a street they wanted to go into. When I saw the car dart in front of me and saw the persons huge eyes in the headlights. My butt came off the seat with both feet on the brake pedal with a death grip on the steering wheel. It sure is funny now but at the time it got serious when all came to a stop. Sure I was concered about those people in the car but was extremely angry about the whole situation. It was thrown out of court with the Pinto people not showing. Oh by the way......the Pinto was a total after my left bumper hit that car. It threw the car into a parking lot next to the road about 20 ft. only caved the bumper in some and left some of the Pinto paint for me to remember. My company never fixed the bumper and also I was driving without a company license. That is how cheap some of these big companies are. I got lucky that time. Finally the company let 203 of us go by down sizing. Got lucky again by leaving.

mike

mike