Evel Knievel resto

The Sky Cycle even had MACK on the tail.........................all the way down to the Snake River! Who knows Mark,maybe MACK didn't want to be associated that kind of entertainment? Al

Wasn't that about the time Renault entered the picture? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Robert Murphy,Custom Truck Upholstery.Got a complete diamond tuck interior from him for my first B-61,less than $500 in 1984.He did nice work.Sure would like to know whatever happened to that F model cab he had made into a trailer.

Robert Murphy,Custom Truck Upholstery.Got a complete diamond tuck interior from him for my first B-61,less than $500 in 1984.He did nice work.Sure would like to know whatever happened to that F model cab he had made into a trailer.

In '71 a complete F-Model interior ie:headliner,doghouse cover,bunk curtain,door panels and seat covers in green vinyl was around $300.

In '71 a complete F-Model interior ie:headliner,doghouse cover,bunk curtain,door panels and seat covers in green vinyl was around $300.

That guy did some nice work,didn't he?

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I think it was still a Signal Company then..

Had to be close,Rich.September of '74,was the Snake River Canyon attempt.Mack Trucks was a sponsor,but not too much after that particular jump!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Had to be close,Rich.September of '74,was the Snake River Canyon attept.Mack Trucks was a sponsor,but not too much after that particular jump!

Was by the Snake River area last year. The ramp is still there. I vaguely remember Evil's attempt as I was in college but had "other" things on my mind. I will search the internet and see if there are any vids of his attempt.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Ken,

There is video of it.I just found it a week or 2 ago.Might be on the official EK website,I'm not sure.YouTube is always a great source for that stuff. Al

I remember watching the Snake River jump on TV! Lots and lots of hype...soon as he blasted off the chute was coming out...that was the big controversy! Did he pull the chute or was it a malfunction!

Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond did a BBC2 special interview with Evel Knievel. The 60-minute program" Richard Hammond Meets Evel Knievel" aired a month after E.K's death. Evel said the chute activated by a "dead mans" switch. If he released the lever the chute would deploy. He mentioned it the interview that since it when off immediately on launch , it may have malfunctioned if his hand relaxed a little. The real cause unknown.

What happened to Evels 1977 Indy car?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE