Getting loaded with a helicopter

Thats pretty awesome, I cant say I have been loaded by helicopter, anyone else?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

.... and here he comes again with the rest of the load... :loldude:

I wonder what the view out the windshield looks like.....

let's see Hugh on Ice Road Truckers beat that...

BC Mack

for the techies...

220 ton barge, Boeing 107 Vertol of Columbia Helicopters operating in Prudhoe Bay AK in 1982...

photo copyright of Columbia Helicopters

post-10384-0-95672900-1349322227_thumb.j

That takes some skill. The lift helo looks like a AS-350 and would be pretty maxed out lift wise, as what's left of the 500 would be about 1800#'s. Depending on the altitude, not a lot of margin. Plus the pendulum effect of the long line makes setting down on the trailer a real chore.

The Columbia BV-107 doing the ground towing of the oil rig is a famous photo. The BV-107(CH-46) was designed for the Navy and one of it's tasks was towing mine sweeping gear in the same manner. The torque required to tow that 200 ton sled must be pretty significant. What a ride the would be if the cable parted doing that!!!

I've lifted a lot of odd-ball and standard loads for the US Army driving a CH-47F and put them in all kinds of places. Powerful aircraft capable of slinging up to 26,000#'s externally. A real handful when close to it's 50,000# MGW

Yeah it took about 5 trys to get it on the deck right. Landing gear is 8'2" and the deck is 8'6" kinda of hard to set it in place while your 50 feet above. The piolt had to open the door to get a better look while doing this too, here is a shot with the door openpost-12801-0-06682900-1349412112_thumb.j

Tyson VandeVelde

• 3 weeks later...