Some Jersey Brockways

vision386

I spend some time on Hanks truck pictures,and always look for something familiar to me,or with a connection to my beloved home state,came across these and thought some of the guys in the northeast would get a kick out of them (Bullhusk,T-bone,etc.) for those un-familiar,Shop-Rite is a large grocery store chain based in Elizabeth,NJ and Two-Guys was a department store,no longer in business.I remember seeing trucks like these when i was a kid,and it brought a smile to my face seeing these!...................Mark

post-5836-0-31531900-1342976306_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-01959700-1342976318_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-62739100-1342976331_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I spend some time on Hanks truck pictures,and always look for something familiar to me,or with a connection to my beloved home state,came across these and thought some of the guys in the northeast would get a kick out of them (Bullhusk,T-bone,etc.) for those un-familiar,Shop-Rite is a large grocery store chain based in Elizabeth,NJ and Two-Guys was a department store,no longer in business.I remember seeing trucks like these when i was a kid,and it brought a smile to my face seeing these!...................Mark

Oh Yah! Leeds-Fox was the 2 Guys trucking CO name as well as Vornado (remember the fan's), also there was a co. in Harrison NJ Liquid- Carbonic blue&white tankers that had a fleet of those day cab Brockways with 318 V-8's! The tractors were leased through APA and they had there own sound to them! You could tell they were L-C's trucks a mile away

BULLHUSK

Oh Yah! Leeds-Fox was the 2 Guys trucking CO name as well as Vornado (remember the fan's), also there was a co. in Harrison NJ Liquid- Carbonic blue&white tankers that had a fleet of those day cab Brockways with 318 V-8's! The tractors were leased through APA and they had there own sound to them! You could tell they were L-C's trucks a mile away

BULLHUSK

I remember seeing Liquid Carbonic tankers when I was little on rt. 66 in both IL, and MO.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

BULLHUSK

I remember the Vornado trucking company and the fans. Was that TwoGuys house brand?

Jim

Two-Guys was the name of the store,kinda sota' like maybe sears? they did have some of their own "store brand" items coffee,tea,etc. we had two of them near us growing up,one in Vineland,NJ (now a super wal-mart) and another in Glassboro,NJ (now a K-mart) i still have a power drill from the tool department that works like new,and it has to be at least 40 years old...............................Mark

Boy!! Grants and Caldors....names from the past.

Is it Shop Rite that has a large distribution center on 84 in NY?

Nice pictures!

Jim

Jim,that was Shop-Rite in Middletown,NY right between 17 and 84,my dad ran produce up there out of South Jersey pretty regularly...........................................Mark

Two Guys from Harrison. That was a great department store. I remember being a kid and going to one in Manalapan NJ. I still have HO scale trains with the Two Guys price tag on the box. I also have a metal Shop Rite toy truck from the 70's or 80's in the attic somewhere. I think it's a Cabover.

Two Guys from Harrison. That was a great department store. I remember being a kid and going to one in Manalapan NJ. I still have HO scale trains with the Two Guys price tag on the box. I also have a metal Shop Rite toy truck from the 70's or 80's in the attic somewhere. I think it's a Cabover.

Probably the same one I had-looked like a C model Ford.

I remember seeing Food Hauler's T800's with Middletown, NY on the door in the late 80's early 90's.

Jim

Your welcome. You guys are lucky you lived back then seeing all themm real trucks, and U models!!!! Now I gotta live in an age where everythings electric, and I may not even be able to drive old Macks.

This is exactly why you need to restore your own little piece of history. Who gives a flying shit if anybody else likes it as long as you do.
  • Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

This is the one I had but when searching for the pic, I noticed there were other styles made over the years.

4037039602_7bdce71fc3.jpg

This a nice one,i have one of these as well,they were made by Marx Toys out of Chicago in the sixties,i also have the Transtar II made by Ertl,and several other smaller ones........Mark

The trailer looks about the same but I think GD is right, it might be a c Ford style. Now I need to dig through moms attic to fInd it

Or at least a very loose interpretation of one. The top half looks a bit like a late 50's Ford F series.

Jim

Personally,i always thought this particular toy tractor looked more like a 1960's Chevrolet "Viking" series cabover,given the timeframe in which it was made,of course the "C" series Ford also fits................................Mark

post-5836-0-17890400-1343334910.jpg

post-5836-0-90015100-1343334921.jpg

• 5 months later...